I know that many of you like to spend your summer outside rather than sitting in front of your screen hunting bugs, but anyone who feels himself or herself to be an exception to this rule (or happens to live down under) is welcome to beta test Amber.

Amber has romance tracks for both the Protagonist and a non-NPC Player2 and a friendship track for the Protagonist. If I can find a tester or several testers to go through each of the three tracks, it would be lovely. And of course, 'the more, the merrier', ie. the more testers we have going through the different possible options, the more likely it is that some hard-to-find or rare bugs will turn up now instead of later.

Some things that a tester needs to keep a sharp eye for, include:

- the three miniquests (available for all) and the Bodhi abduction (protagonist romance only)
- scripted banters with Viconia, Imoen and Haer'Dalis
- Underdark banters
- timing of the romance / friendship (Does it take too much or too little time?)
- problems in Amber's combat AI
- language and spelling errors

Note, that even though the current version has content for SoA only, you will need to have ToB installed. Since the Beta version contains voicing only for a few minor NPCs and no music, the download size is only about 4.4 MB and shouldn't therefore be a problem even for people with a slower connection.

If you're up for testing, you can email me or send a PM here or at Gibberlings 3.

For more information on the Amber NPC mod:

Forum
Website

EDIT:
No more testers needed. Thanks for your interest! wub.gif