Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mod Idea: PC Soundsets!
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
Rabain
I thought I'd post this here. There is very little (read none) chance of me ever doing this mod but here is the idea...

All mod npc's come with soundsets and voiced lines for major quest/interjection dialogues.

How about a mod that attempts to add new soundsets for the same type of dialogues for the PC? We take the core soundsets plus major quest/storyline/interjection dialogues and possibly some banters and do new voicing that the PC can use.

Yes BG2 comes with a set of stock voicing but is this quality, suitable or even enough? I imported the PST soundsets a long time ago and tend to use one of these for my PC.

It might take some work and a lot of voice actors but it might be worth it...whether it would add anything to the game for players is for you to decide!
Rastor
How, exactly, would this be accomplished? Because the PC chooses from a list of dialogue options, there's really no way to do it. What you would have to do is to have the voicing for the selected line fire after the player selects it. This would cause some serious problems if the NPC's next line is also voiced (because both soundsets would fire at once).
Rabain
Well I hadn't thought much about it really, just thought it was something that hadn't been done.

Some of the dialog options with Irenicus for example have a specific set of answers to them. These could be voiced and as some of the Irenicus dialogue is not voiced and probably never will be these would not cause the problem you mention above.

Anyway, like I said it was just an idea...perhaps its not a good one or at least not thought out too much! smile.gif
dragon_lord
I imported the PST soundsets a long time ago and tend to use one of these for my PC.
Still got them? I wouldnt mind adding IE game soundsets to the community assets page. The Icewind Dale series has twice the soundsets of the BG series but they have different amounts of sounds/for different things so its hard to convert.
jastey
QUOTE(dragon_lord @ Jul 13 2005, 02:16 AM)
adding IE game soundsets to the community assets page
Yes, please!

For the soundset-mod: I would appreciate a collection of new custom PC soundsets to choose for my PC from, preferably in ..err German. Well, OK, but anyway I think new voices would be a good idea, the custom ones are really dull. (At least in my game version.)
Rabain
Okay I was just looking in my Sounds folder, I have all the PST npc sounds, all BG1 npc sounds, a custom soundset I did myself years ago, two or three idependent soundset I downloaded and two done by Ray Muyzka (sp?) and James Ohlen of Blackisle as a kind of bonus for players.

50mb in all which I could probably squish a little in a rar. You want everything?
dragon_lord
50mb in all which I could probably squish a little in a rar. You want everything?
Yep give me the lot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.