Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How did you finish poor Demigorgon?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Realms of the Wyrm > Gaming discussion, D&D, screenshots > Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal
mysterium
I think that it can be here really interesting discussion. Despite Demigorgon itself, I want to know how you destroyd it AND its guards - if you attempted to wait until he will summon like 30 of them and then fight to gain even more expreience and still defeat Demigorgon itself WITHOUT loosing any party member... Quite difficult... I think that you will be suprised, when people here will show variety of tactics against him - because afterall, BG2 also demands a lot of strategy to lead 6 members in the team.... Well I wait with excitement for your posts in this topic blink.gif
Baronius
It was a long time ago, let me try to remember. My last game was with a Sorcerer (I know I know it's overpowered in BG2, but I like that class.)

The answer to your question is that if I remember correctly, I didn't really care of Demogorgon's creatures! Explanation below.

I think I summoned an Elemental Prince, a Planetar, a Deva and perhaps other creatures before the battle (and also had memorized one more of those spells, so if the creatures fall during the battle, new ones can be summoned). I applied a lot of protections on Minsc and on other warriors. Then from Minsc I put the Cloak of Mirroring (the developers changed it to ToB so it only absorbs attacks) to my Sorcerer protagonist. Then my Sorcerer cast protections on himself, and the battle could start.
Now here comes the interesting part. My Sorcerer casts Time Stop, so Demogorgon's Marileths leave me in peace. Demogorgon is immune to Time Stop, so he attacks me, and his scripted actions also trigger. But my Sorcerer has protection from Magical Weapons, so Demogorgon's attacks are useless. We're still in stopped time. My Sorcerer can start casting multiple Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wiltings (perhaps earlier I've cast some protection-removal spell on Demogorgon?).
When the Time Stop ends, Demogorgon will have low HP, and while his creatures are occupied by the Elementals and by the Planetar and/or Deva, Minsc and my other warriors will give the last hits to the Demon Prince.

All in all, its creatures weren't a problem in this solution of mine. If I remember correctly, I played with a Conjurer before this game with the Sorcerer; there I think I used more physical damage from the weapons of my warriors. (Obviously, a Conjurer can't cast as many spells as a Sorcerer.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.