Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: General Information
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Lost Crossroads
Galactygon
As of now, you can still find the (slightly) outdated general info on my geocities account. I am destined to move the site ASAP to a much better and more capable host.

http://www.geocities.com/lostcrossroadsmod/index.htm

-Galactygon
Echon
I just noticed the forum description for this mod uses the phrase 'partial convertion'. As far as I know, Epic Endeavours is the only partial convertion to date, so I was wondering if you would care to explain why LC qualifies as more than an add-in/add-on mod? smile.gif

-Echon
Galactygon
It converts many aspects to the game... except for quests, for now at least.

I consider partial conversions that greatly alter (not just introduce new things) the game in some way (whether it be a reputation-system or a rule mod that has a significant impact of the game). Total conversions partically alter the entire story-line.

Thus, in my eyes, Fields of the Dead as well as Virtue would be considered partial conversions in their own part.

This is only my viewpoint on partial conversions. Many individuals have... other viewpoints, hence the oft debated topic.

The mod concept itself isn't altered in any way since TeamBG went down. wink.gif However, I disliked the forum description of:

Discuss anything that has to do Galactygon's mod righ here.

so I altered it to something a bit more 'descriptive'.

-Galactygon
Echon
I see. Well, fair enough, we have different interpretations of what a partial convertion is. This is not uncommon. I recall furious arguments about what the term "mod" is short for.

Just as long as you do not call it a TC. wink.gif

-Echon
fallen demon
just found this forum. missed lc from tbg and am glad to see it's got a forum again (i know it wasn't a very long time without one, but to me its been a month and a half)

In any case i'm suprised that galactygon is no longer a dragon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.