3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SpellPack Beta 4 Released!
Galactygon
post Jan 5 2008, 02:21 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Mod Developer

After more than 3 years of waiting, I am welcoming this new year with a released Version 0.4 (or Beta 4) of SpellPack. The entire structure of the mod has been revamped; the stuff you see here will be identical to that of the full unfinished mod. SpellPack has grown both in components (21) and size (76.6 MB).

Some of the changes and new features include but is not limited to:

- Spells present in previous versions of SpellPack have been fixed.
- A smarter version of Otiluke's Resilient Sphere, which allows the caster to cast the spell onto himself or his allies without worrying about saving throws or magic resistance.
- The AD&D version of chain lightning, which strikes one creature, then arcs to several other creatures, with the bolt getting weaker with each strike.
- The AD&D version of Shadow Door, which not only permits the wizard to disappear, but the door "hangs" there for a period of time. Creatures pursuing the wizard will enter the "door" as well, and disappear into an empty room, searching for the wizard.
- Graphics for Fireball projectile (but not the explosion) now uses the BGI version.
- Several IWD I/II spells, such as Moon Motes and Shroud of Flame are introduced.
- A cutscenized Planescape Torment spell, deathbolt. This is something new in the BG series, and it is still experimental, so it is an optional component.

Download B4 [76.6 MB]
Readme

-Galactygon

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Chev
post Jan 5 2008, 04:50 AM
Post #2

Forum Member

partytime.gif beer.gif

I am very happy to see this!!!!

--------------------
I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chevalier

Quote Post
aVENGER
post Jan 5 2008, 07:57 AM
Post #3

Forum Member

Great job Galactygon! I love this mod.

BTW, just a minor nitpick, but isn't Sunscorch supposed to inflict 1/2 damage on a successful save instead of being completely negated?

--------------------
Retired modder

Rogue Rebalancing - Author
aTweaks - Author
BG2 Fixpack - Contributor

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Jan 5 2008, 04:23 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Mod Developer

A saving throw means the creature has dodged the ray - much like a ray created by a disintegrate spell. AD&D says so, and I agree with that part of the rules.

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
Azazello
post Jan 5 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #5

Forum Member

Congratulations on the new release!

Are the spells separated into individual install components? I know that makes for intense install time, but there a few spells that I do not want to use.

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Jan 5 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Mod Developer

Due to the sheer number of spells in the mod (I counted 60 not including graphical modifications), I have made grouped them according to spell level.

Some controversial spells, like Chain Lightning or Dimension Door are assigned their own component.

If enough people complain about a single spell, I will make it a seperate component.

-Galactygon

This post has been edited by Galactygon: Jan 5 2008, 05:49 PM

--------------------

Quote Post
Azazello
post Jan 5 2008, 10:16 PM
Post #7

Forum Member

Wouldn't call it a "complaint", but let me submit Invisibility Purge. I found out the hard way that not only is its Area of Effect: 10-foot radius per level, it punches through Spell Immunity: Divination.

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Jan 5 2008, 10:36 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Mod Developer

Yes, Invisibility Purge has been changed to Abjuration, as per AD&D.

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
Azazello
post Jan 6 2008, 01:20 AM
Post #9

Forum Member

QUOTE(Galactygon @ Jan 5 2008, 05:36 PM) *
Yes, Invisibility Purge has been changed to Abjuration, as per AD&D.

-Galactygon
So, is that a 'Yes' or 'No' on making it a separate component?

I can wait until SPb5, but 3 years is a bit long to hold out. Perhaps an interim, manual workaround?

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Jan 6 2008, 01:28 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Mod Developer

QUOTE(Azazello @ Jan 6 2008, 03:20 AM) *
So, is that a 'Yes' or 'No' on making it a separate component?

No, unless enough people complain: I cannot please everyone. So far, it is one vote in favour of.

QUOTE(Azazello @ Jan 6 2008, 03:20 AM) *
I can wait until SPb5, but 3 years is a bit long to hold out. Perhaps an interim, manual workaround?

Delete the following files from the override folder and you should be fine:

"SPPR309.spl"
"SPPR309A.spl"
"SPPR309B.spl"
"SPPR309C.spl"
"SPPR309T.spl"

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
J Beau
post Jan 8 2008, 11:28 AM
Post #11

Forum Member

I'm having trouble installing. I have included the debug file. It says there is a file missing from the override but I checked and it is there. Any help would be appreciated. I'm looking forward to playing with this installed. Thanks.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  SETUP_SPELLPACKB4.DEBUG ( 187.98k ) Number of downloads: 10

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Jan 8 2008, 03:43 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Mod Developer

CODE
[override/dw#ajant.d]  ERROR at line 21 column 12-15
Near Text: @801
    Not_found
ERROR: parsing [override/dw#ajant.d]: Not_found
ERROR: compiling [override/dw#ajant.d]!
Stopping installation because of error.

Although I have not used WeiDU as often, I could guarantee SpellPack does not touch any .d files. If someone else encountered something similar, give me a shout.

Here is what I suggest: conduct a search for this "dw#ajant.d" in your other mod files (so we know which mod it is), as well as the one in your override folder (if there is one - but there isn't), and send them to me or post them.

I will see what I could do and figure it out. I might end up placing an ALLOW_MISSING.

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
SirLancelot
post Jan 8 2008, 04:21 PM
Post #13

Forum Member

Congratulations, Galactycon.

Quote Post
J Beau
post Jan 8 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #14

Forum Member

QUOTE(Galactygon @ Jan 8 2008, 10:43 AM) *
CODE
[override/dw#ajant.d]  ERROR at line 21 column 12-15
Near Text: @801
    Not_found
ERROR: parsing [override/dw#ajant.d]: Not_found
ERROR: compiling [override/dw#ajant.d]!
Stopping installation because of error.

Although I have not used WeiDU as often, I could guarantee SpellPack does not touch any .d files. If someone else encountered something similar, give me a shout.

Here is what I suggest: conduct a search for this "dw#ajant.d" in your other mod files (so we know which mod it is), as well as the one in your override folder (if there is one - but there isn't), and send them to me or post them.

I will see what I could do and figure it out. I might end up placing an ALLOW_MISSING.

-Galactygon

It looks like it is Sword Coast Stratagems. I have included the file.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  dw_ajant.d ( 3.06k ) Number of downloads: 5

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Jan 10 2008, 04:21 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Mod Developer

I think this topic might sort it out.

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
J Beau
post Jan 10 2008, 09:56 AM
Post #16

Forum Member

Thanks for your efforts. I think I will switch the order of the mods and put SCS after spellpack. I am trying to be careful with my install and use a weidu log that someone else has been successful with. Unfortunately he didn't have Spellpack in his. I'll let you know if its successful.

Quote Post
J Beau
post Jan 10 2008, 10:45 AM
Post #17

Forum Member

Well, I uninstalled SCS and Spellpack then installed, however 2 components would not. I have included the debug file. This must be something else.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  SETUP_SPELLPACKB4.DEBUG ( 654.4k ) Number of downloads: 8

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Jan 10 2008, 04:41 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Mod Developer

Try unzipping the attatchment into your BGII directory, so it overrides your old files.

If this does not work, I cannot really help you; I have not encountered anything of this sort, and I am absolutely sure other mods would not prevent new files from being copied into your override - SpellPack should theoretically technically work with every other mod. CtB (Check the Bodies) is an exception, but only because some of the spells it introduces have a different filename, so some spells would appear twice. But even CtB shouldn't cause any bugs.

So it might be a faulty installation of the entire game.

-Galactygon
Attached File(s)
Attached File  SpellPackB4.zip ( 209.35k ) Number of downloads: 19

--------------------

Quote Post
Marvin
post Jan 15 2008, 06:32 PM
Post #19

Forum Member

Hi, I first of all wanted to thank you for this grat mod. However, I have encountered some bugs:

1. With the spellpac(V3) installed some NPCs won't fight.
e. g. Bassilus from BG1: He casts some degensive and offensive spells and then doesn't attack. As soon as some of the defensive spells are gone, he starts attacking.
Is this different with the new version?

2. tried to install this new one with scs installed but it doesn't work.
Why does the problem occur? And is it possible to fix it moving out all the dw'ajant.d and so on files from the override folder and later recopy them in?
Or does this cause complications?

Marvin

Edit:

Alright, I cut all the .d and .baf files out of the override folder and then I managed to install the spell Pack Beta 4.
Although I was not able to install 2 components, I can't remember which of them.
It seems to work fine, great new graphics. And Bassilus finally seems to Attack after he casts his spells, BUT rolleyes.gif I think because I cut the .d and .baf files out there is another bug. When Basilus casts, there is a square that covers his avatar... it looks loke a square full of snowflakes biggrin.gif . Is this a feature or a bug? Because when my Char casts the "White-snowflakes-Square-over-the-avatar-bug" doesn't occur!!!

Is there another workaround for the scs problem?

Thanks for your help

Edit: I added an Image where you can see, what I mean with snowflake square!!!

This post has been edited by Marvin: Jan 15 2008, 10:25 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Spellpack.JPG ( 82.83k ) Number of downloads: 27

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Jan 15 2008, 11:02 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Mod Developer

QUOTE(Marvin @ Jan 15 2008, 08:32 PM) *
Hi, I first of all wanted to thank you for this grat mod. However, I have encountered some bugs:

1. With the spellpac(V3) installed some NPCs won't fight.
e. g. Bassilus from BG1: He casts some degensive and offensive spells and then doesn't attack. As soon as some of the defensive spells are gone, he starts attacking.
Is this different with the new version?

I am not even going to worry about V3, and I am glad to see you moved on...

2. tried to install this new one with scs installed but it doesn't work.
Why does the problem occur? And is it possible to fix it moving out all the dw'ajant.d and so on files from the override folder and later recopy them in?
Or does this cause complications?

What error message did you get? Did the same thing happen as with the other person above?

Alright, I cut all the .d and .baf files out of the override folder and then I managed to install the spell Pack Beta 4.

.d and .baf files are not meant to be in the override. But I still do not see why the mod would not install because of them.

Although I was not able to install 2 components, I can't remember which of them.

If you post your WeiDU.log, then we can figure it out which ones did not install. Was it the components Shroud of Flame and (Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting, Incendiary Cloud) by any chance?

It seems to work fine, great new graphics. And Bassilus finally seems to Attack after he casts his spells, BUT rolleyes.gif I think because I cut the .d and .baf files out there is another bug. When Basilus casts, there is a square that covers his avatar... it looks loke a square full of snowflakes biggrin.gif . Is this a feature or a bug? Because when my Char casts the "White-snowflakes-Square-over-the-avatar-bug" doesn't occur!!!

That screenshot really helps.

Btw, why is "magicwiderstand" displayed 3 times in the screenshot?

The "snowflakes" are intentional. But that the AI gets stuck with one spell is not. Those snowflakes happen because Bassilus casts chant on himself. And so when the AI casts Chant, the AI gets stuck with casting chant - because how the spell works.

Chant is a spell that is recast over and over again until the caster does something else - chant can theoretically last forever. This is intentional. It is important to read the spell descriptions.

But I thought I could get away with this because I thought the AI never uses chant. Because chant is best used with multiple allies fighting multiple opponents. This means I will have to slightly change chant for the next release, so the AI does not misuse it.

In Lost Crossroads, however, I will modify the AI scripts so they could properly use the chant spell instead (or not use it at all!).

-Galactygon

This post has been edited by Galactygon: Jan 15 2008, 11:05 PM

--------------------

Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 09:36 AM