| The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use |
Help
Search
Members
Calendar
|
![]() ![]() |
Aug 28 2007, 02:50 PM
Post
#41
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 154 Joined: 8-May 07 From: Germany |
Actually I think your perfectionism is one of the best features.
So you're done testing and balancing the new level up/HLA system? |
|
|
|
Aug 28 2007, 03:11 PM
Post
#42
|
|
|
The Tactician ![]() Distinguished Developer Posts: 7794 Joined: 1-December 05 |
Thanks, Shaitan and Arkain!
So you're done testing and balancing the new level up/HLA system? We are working on it. There are a number of questions (in regard to the new level up charts) which can only be answered by accurate practical tests under different consitions in the game (rather than by theoretical speculation). As for the new quests: Clash of Powers is tested twice and no problem is detected. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is tested once and its second turn of test is in progress. I'm sure that it has no problem, but I want it to be tested at least three times. The three new spells are fully tested and work without any problem. -------------------- Improved Anvil
![]() Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating. |
|
|
|
Aug 30 2007, 06:26 PM
Post
#43
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 310 Joined: 23-April 06 From: Copenhagen, Denmark |
Hi! Is it possible at this stage to release a readme for items and or changes and or installation? Regards Is it possible now? It would be nice to be ready to game -------------------- dooh!
|
|
|
|
Aug 30 2007, 07:10 PM
Post
#44
|
|
|
The Tactician ![]() Distinguished Developer Posts: 7794 Joined: 1-December 05 |
If you want to prepare your installation, you can have a look at the "Installation" document attached to this post. It's still open to possible changes depending on our testing results. I strongly recommend that you check the readme again after the mod is officially released.
This post has been edited by Sikret: Oct 16 2007, 01:27 PM
Attached File(s)
-------------------- Improved Anvil
![]() Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating. |
|
|
|
Aug 30 2007, 07:20 PM
Post
#45
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 310 Joined: 23-April 06 From: Copenhagen, Denmark |
Thanks a lot
-------------------- dooh!
|
|
|
|
Aug 31 2007, 03:18 PM
Post
#46
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 68 Joined: 11-April 07 |
Is there any special reason why the Valen,Solaufein and Planar Sphere mod are not recomended with IA4.3?
They are incompatiable or not balanced or what? |
|
|
|
Aug 31 2007, 05:58 PM
Post
#47
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 154 Joined: 8-May 07 From: Germany |
At least Solaufein and PSM are compatible with IA.
I think it's due to balancing reasons. If so remember that it's "It's also recommended not to install [...]". So judge by yourself whether or not it would be a good idea to install those. 'tis my interpretation, of course. |
|
|
|
Aug 31 2007, 10:31 PM
Post
#48
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 174 Joined: 10-May 07 From: Budapest, Hungary |
So, if i want only the two scripts from Sola mod, this will not cause bug?
|
|
|
|
Sep 1 2007, 05:34 AM
Post
#49
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 310 Joined: 23-April 06 From: Copenhagen, Denmark |
Probably not, but it's not for me to say.
-------------------- dooh!
|
|
|
|
Sep 1 2007, 07:11 PM
Post
#50
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 310 Joined: 23-April 06 From: Copenhagen, Denmark |
Thanks, Shaitan and Arkain! So you're done testing and balancing the new level up/HLA system? We are working on it. There are a number of questions (in regard to the new level up charts) which can only be answered by accurate practical tests under different consitions in the game (rather than by theoretical speculation). As for the new quests: Clash of Powers is tested twice and no problem is detected. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is tested once and its second turn of test is in progress. I'm sure that it has no problem, but I want it to be tested at least three times. The three new spells are fully tested and work without any problem. How is the testing going? I saw #30 in the progress report, but has the new quests been tested fully now? I'm just asking while my pc now is ready for the new IA version Regards -------------------- dooh!
|
|
|
|
Sep 1 2007, 08:29 PM
Post
#51
|
|
|
The Tactician ![]() Distinguished Developer Posts: 7794 Joined: 1-December 05 |
While testers are performing the tests, I am also not idle and add things (and test them myself). So, if you see a new entry in the progress report, it doesn't mean that all previous features' tests are ended. The order of testing is not exactly the same as the order of entry numbers in the progress report thread. (Hey! Let me go and add #31 right now.)
-------------------- Improved Anvil
![]() Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating. |
|
|
|
Sep 2 2007, 05:42 AM
Post
#52
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 310 Joined: 23-April 06 From: Copenhagen, Denmark |
-------------------- dooh!
|
|
|
|
Sep 3 2007, 08:44 PM
Post
#53
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 100 Joined: 25-April 07 |
Not sure where to place suggestions but this thread seems appropriate.
I was reading briefly on bioware forums and someone commented about the abundance of generic +3(+) weapons in the shop tavern in Saradush and how it breaks the sense of being "epic". I have to agree that it's jarring and breaks immersion seeing such powerful items being peddled in a random tavern outclassing the Adventure mart in Waukeen's Promenade in Athkatla! I think a case could also be made for the wandering merchant you meet in the ToB wilderness prior to the marching mountains. I understand the original developers had those generic items there for players that jumped straight into ToB to outfit themselves. But for IA, if you solely start in ToB without doing the SoA portion, I highly doubt you have much of a chance. (level 20, party-less, no spell selection, and generic +2 gear? Maybe thetruth could do it? lol) I suggest perhaps toning down the stock in Saradush to offer up to generic +2's. I do however believe it would be good to keep the unique items already available to these shops. |
|
|
|
Sep 8 2007, 10:24 PM
Post
#54
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 9 Joined: 8-September 07 |
New IA player here. Just installed 4.2 to get a taste of things, and I like what I see so far. I don't want to get too far though, because of the new game req for 4.3. Keep up the good work guys, I'm looking forward to 4.3 and playing for real.
|
|
|
|
Sep 9 2007, 05:37 AM
Post
#55
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 174 Joined: 10-May 07 From: Budapest, Hungary |
I have a little Spoilerish question. Mazzy's Improved sword (True sword of Arvoreen) is usable for another halflings too?
|
|
|
|
Sep 9 2007, 07:15 AM
Post
#56
|
|
|
The Tactician ![]() Distinguished Developer Posts: 7794 Joined: 1-December 05 |
@JohnGalt
Welcome! @trufa I have a little Spoilerish question. Mazzy's Improved sword (True sword of Arvoreen) is usable for another halflings too? No, it's just for Mazzy. -------------------- Improved Anvil
![]() Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating. |
|
|
|
Sep 10 2007, 07:43 AM
Post
#57
|
|
|
The Tactician ![]() Distinguished Developer Posts: 7794 Joined: 1-December 05 |
If you want to prepare your installation, you can have a look at the "Installation" document attached to this post. It's still open to possible changes depending on our testing results. I strongly recommend that you check the readme again after the mod is officially released. I have received more incompatibility reports between G3's BG2 Tweakpack and IA. It's tested and we confirm the report: The "Rest Anywhere" component of the BG2 tweakpack is incompatible with IA and very badly so. I say "very badly" because it creates the sort of bugs which the player may hardly notice or recognize during the game. The game will be bugged without the player knowing that it's bugged. Fortunately, the entire BG2 Tweakpack is listed as incompatible in the readme of IA v4.3; so we don't need to worry about each component individually. As mentioned before, the original (Weimer's) "Ease-of-Use" can be safely used with IA. (Fortunately the original Ease of Use doesn't have a "Rest Anywhere" component (at least the version I use doesn't have such a component); if it had, it would be incompatible with IA too.) This post has been edited by Sikret: Sep 12 2007, 09:11 AM -------------------- Improved Anvil
![]() Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating. |
|
|
|
Sep 12 2007, 03:51 PM
Post
#58
|
|
|
The Tactician ![]() Distinguished Developer Posts: 7794 Joined: 1-December 05 |
I use version 27 of Weimer's Ease-of_Use and it doesn't contain "Rest Anywhere" component. It has 28 components. When I wrote in my previous post that the original EoU can be safely used with IA, my information was based on the version of EoU I have (v27).
However, I just checked and noticed that the newest version of "Ease-of_Use" (version 32) actually includes a new component (component no.29) which is "Rest Anywhere". This component (just like the one obtained from BG2 TweakPack) is incompatible with IA and should not be installed with it. Hence, the summary is this: G3's BG2 Tweakpack has several components which are not compatible with IA, so don't use it with IA at all. Use Weimer's "Ease-of-Use" instead but don't install the following components of it: - "Component 3: Multi-Class Grand Mastery" (Not recommended) - "Component 12: Multi-Player Kick Out Patch" (Incompatible) - "Component 13: Invisible Cloak of Mirroring Animation" (Not recommended) - "Component 14: Bottomless Bag of Holding" (Not recommended at all) - "Component 20: Shapeshifter Rebalancing" (Not recommended at all) - "Component 28: No Traps or Locks" (Not recommended) - "Component 29: Rest Anywhere" (Incompatible) This post has been edited by Sikret: Sep 12 2007, 04:01 PM -------------------- Improved Anvil
![]() Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating. |
|
|
|
Sep 12 2007, 03:55 PM
Post
#59
|
|
|
Forum Member Posts: 310 Joined: 23-April 06 From: Copenhagen, Denmark |
What about avoiding Shapeshifter Rebalancing? Two resons: it messes with the gameidea (I guess) and it creates overpowered chars ie with the faldorn/cernd fight, and the beastmaster IMO
-------------------- dooh!
|
|
|
|
Sep 12 2007, 04:03 PM
Post
#60
|
|
|
The Tactician ![]() Distinguished Developer Posts: 7794 Joined: 1-December 05 |
Thanks, Shaitan! I edited my post and added the complete list of EoU components which should not be installed with IA or are not recommended for various reasons.
-------------------- Improved Anvil
![]() Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating. |
|
|
|
![]() ![]() |
|
Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 1st October 2026 - 08:49 PM |