Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ribald's Genie, For those tired of trekking to the AMart
SimDing0
post Jun 18 2005, 03:56 PM
Post #21

Forum Member

Maybe you could have the portal animation display part of the destination area with the shopkeeper in. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Baronius
post Jun 18 2005, 06:02 PM
Post #22

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

I have only one problem with this mod (otherwise it is just great, especially the features of 2.0!): the ToB problem. Most players didn't like that they still had the choice to visit Adventurer's Mart from ToB and from Spellhold. The "mobile merchant"/portal concept is much better, and in my opinion only this should be applied if you don't restrict ToB/Spellhold/Sahuagin usage.

The portal animation looks great, I suppose that a Watcher's Keep portal animation was used as a base animation, wasn't it?
Sim's idea should definitely be applied, by the way!

--------------------
Mental harmony dispels the darkness.

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Jun 18 2005, 07:16 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Mod Developer

Sim's idea should definitely be applied, by the way!

Someone has to make the graphics, though.

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
jastey
post Jun 18 2005, 07:55 PM
Post #24

Forum Member

What exactly is "Sim's idea" in this case? Are we talking about extra areas, where the party can only exit via portal (remakes of the original areas, so to say?) If this would get to work it would be great, but there is not only the graphics that are needed, it would also require "fake" merchants to be spawned, which could lead to problems with local variables etc. Or did I get it all wrong?

Quote Post
Sir-Kill
post Jun 18 2005, 08:44 PM
Post #25

consiglieri
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

ok anyone mentioning of area graphics in the animation will be put on my s**tlist biggrin.gif

BTW sim that is part of the A mart

This post has been edited by Sir-Kill: Jun 18 2005, 09:05 PM

--------------------

Quote Post
Rabain
post Jun 18 2005, 09:00 PM
Post #26

GOD

Retired team member

@jastey: what is being proposed is that you trade through the portal, not actually moving through it but you are on one side and the shopkeeper on the other. See how you can see a different area inside the circle of the portal? The shopkeeper would be in there and you could talk to them and trade without moving to the other area...when you finish shopping the portal closes and the shopkeeper disappears.

Now if SK would just volunteer to have create different backgrounds for the portal for the different shopkeepers... smile.gif

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Jun 18 2005, 10:16 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Mod Developer

QUOTE(Sir-Kill @ Jun 18 2005, 08:44 PM)
BTW sim that is part of the A mart

Are you sure? It looks more like the last level of Watcher's Keep: the Demogorgon's chamber.

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
SimDing0
post Jun 18 2005, 10:31 PM
Post #28

Forum Member

QUOTE(jastey @ Jun 18 2005, 07:55 PM)
What exactly is "Sim's idea" in this case? Are we talking about extra areas, where the party can only exit via portal (remakes of the original areas, so to say?) If this would get to work it would be great, but there is not only the graphics that are needed, it would also require "fake" merchants to be spawned, which could lead to problems with local variables etc. Or did I get it all wrong?

My suggestion would probably be to cut out a small piece of the Adventurer's Mart area to fit within the portal and play it as an animation. You could then create ribald.cre over the top of it to give the appearance of him standing in the area, and in turn play the portal animation over the top of him to give the illusion of depth. (Better to have an invisible creature play the animations then turn into Ribald than to play them from the spell itself, because otherwise there's potential for the CRE to spawn outside the animation if you cast on an impassable area.) You'd also need to find some way to prevent the player walking within the portal or Ribald being nudged out; I'd suggest doing the whole thing in a cutscene.

[EDIT] Sir K wouldn't have to do any modification of the portal animation, because all it'd take is somebody else cutting out the right shape in a separate file.

This post has been edited by SimDing0: Jun 18 2005, 10:45 PM

Quote Post
Sir-Kill
post Jun 19 2005, 01:31 AM
Post #29

consiglieri
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

QUOTE(Galactygon @ Jun 18 2005, 06:16 PM)
Are you sure? It looks more like the last level of Watcher's Keep: the Demogorgon's chamber.

-Galactygon

yep, the fist version was of Demogorgon's layer, this version is of ribalds store there is a peice of the rug that is just instde of there that goes up to the counter. and when the animation plays you will see why that just cutting or pasting an area will not work.

This post has been edited by Sir-Kill: Jun 19 2005, 01:32 AM

--------------------

Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2024 - 10:39 AM