2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Unicorn, Needed for a new Mod
Galactygon
post Dec 14 2005, 10:35 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Mod Developer

maybe Avenger can straighten that out if he see this.

That would be welcome, since Vlad could finish the sequences easily, and I don't have to worry about it.

-Galactygon

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
egm
post Dec 28 2005, 11:10 PM
Post #22

Eminence Grise Machiavelic
Group Icon

Mod Developer

I am working on something right now. Porting some WoW animations into IE format. Here is an example.
As unicorns will feature in ROTM, I'm sure I will make the bams. If someone is interested... happy.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  animation.gif ( 71.78k ) Number of downloads: 62

Quote Post
jastey
post Dec 28 2005, 11:14 PM
Post #23

Forum Member

Wow! cool.gif

EDIT: Yes, YES! It was a wordgame, now laugh, dammit!!

Quote Post
egm
post Dec 29 2005, 10:56 AM
Post #24

Eminence Grise Machiavelic
Group Icon

Mod Developer

QUOTE(Galactygon @ Dec 14 2005, 07:11 PM)
Yes, it was the colours, and the picture was speckled. I tried to do it BAM Workshops 1 and 2, but with little success.

-Galactygon

It's a problem base on the color palette used for Bamworkshop (and gif format also).
If you try to import a gif in a existing Bam with its proper color palette, the gif will (of course) use the palette.
If you try to create a bam from scrap and then import your Gif, the newly created bam will use an horrible 256-primary color tongue.gif

I can remember how I dealt with that: first create your bam, and import whatever pic' you want.
Open your gif file with a tool like Paint Shop Pro and save the palette.
Then, open your Bam with Bamworkshop 2. Import the palette.

Now the right palette is part of your bam: you can import your gif with Bamworkshop I, and there should be no problem.

Quote Post
Galactygon
post Dec 29 2005, 04:18 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Mod Developer

QUOTE(egm @ Dec 28 2005, 11:10 PM)
I am working on something right now. Porting some WoW animations into IE format. Here is an example.
As unicorns will feature in ROTM, I'm sure I will make the bams. If someone is interested... happy.gif

That unicorn is taken from a perspective point of view; it will look significantly out of place in the isometric point of view BGII uses.

-Galactygon

--------------------

Quote Post
Avenger_teambg
post Apr 1 2006, 09:14 AM
Post #26

Forum Member

One problem with WoW, is that Blizz.rd is a very bitchy company.
They might sue you even if they just see this pic sad.gif
So, take care, if you are cursed with having to share a country with them.

--------------------
See GemRB !

Quote Post
Seifer
post Apr 1 2006, 12:15 PM
Post #27

Forum Member

I'm assuming that you're using 3DSMax 4? If not, what plugin/package did you use?

Quote Post
Tervadh
post Nov 30 2007, 01:13 PM
Post #28

Forum Member

Did anyone ever get a functional or semi-functional unicorn animation? This would make a great druidic spell addition (Call Woodland Beings has a chance to summon a unicorn per PnP). I can try to do a BAM conversion is someone has GIFs or the like.

--------------------
"Humor is an affirmation of dignity, a declaration of man's superiority to all that befalls him." -Romain Gary, Promise at Dawn

Quote Post
Cuv
post Dec 1 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #29

Forum Member

heh... I asked Avenger about DLTCEP last month... and didnt get a straight answer. There is a need to be able to import entire sequences via GIF.

Unicorns would be cool. Are there any other gifs of that unicorn posted above? More angles and positions. I can make the animation if I have them

Cuv

This post has been edited by Cuv: Dec 1 2007, 03:54 PM

Quote Post
Tervadh
post Dec 10 2007, 07:30 AM
Post #30

Forum Member

QUOTE(Cuv @ Dec 1 2007, 10:46 AM) *
heh... I asked Avenger about DLTCEP last month... and didnt get a straight answer. There is a need to be able to import entire sequences via GIF.
Yeah, there sure is. You'd think between DLTCEP, BAM Workshop and the TeamBG plug-in, one of those tools would have that. I'd do it myself if I knew enough about it. Hmm, maybe I could script it in PSP/PS or something.
Unicorns would be cool. Are there any other gifs of that unicorn posted above? More angles and positions. I can make the animation if I have them
There are, but I don't know if there are any that will fit IE well, besides a maybe a white horse animation with a horn added. And it'd probably need other sequences for attacking etc. I was thinking maybe your sohmien import from PST could be modded. Only it's got 6 horns instead of 1, and the head is kind of misshaped.

--------------------
"Humor is an affirmation of dignity, a declaration of man's superiority to all that befalls him." -Romain Gary, Promise at Dawn

Quote Post
Sir-Kill
post Dec 10 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #31

consiglieri
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

assuming that you have an animation and it works in the game, what do you do with it?
if you ride it can you script a 'travel time' change? since I would think that they are fast.
use it as a pack animal by putting saddle bags on it.
if neither it is a lot of work to get this thing in the game for something you might see once or twice from bg1 to tob.

w00t! 1900 posts

This post has been edited by Sir-Kill: Dec 10 2007, 06:20 PM

--------------------

Quote Post
Tervadh
post Dec 12 2007, 03:21 AM
Post #32

Forum Member

Well, as I said above, I'm looking for the unicorn as an addition to the PnP Call Woodland Beings spell. And yeah, the whole horse-riding/pack-animal thing has been bandied about a bit too. As long as we have the right animation sequences, adding or subtracting a horn would be child's play, as tedious as it might be... even I could do that.

Apart from that, there are more than enough forest areas to disburse a few unicorns within. And so what if you'd only see them a few times between BG1 and BG2? People have created scores of half-finished areas which will probably never be seen, unless they come back from out of the woodworks and finish their mods. And even if they did, you'd only see a given area once, maybe twice per game probably. I'm just talking about one animation here though, that could be used several times.

I really wish there was a 3D modeling tool in which you could create creature animations and export them to BG-compatible BAMs. Or at least BG-compatible BMP/GIF sequences, whatever, rather than doing every single frame by hand, one at a time sad.gif.

--------------------

Quote Post
Sir-Kill
post Dec 12 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #33

consiglieri
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

well 3ds can model, texture, cast shadow, animate, and save all files in bmp (256 color if wanted)

but you will have to do all that work for something imo that is virtually unusable.
you could put in 100's of unicorns but they are supposed to be rare. so seeing one is a once in a lifetime experience, twice is very unlikely. so if you could capture it when you see it, then actually have some benefit to doing so, like the aforementioned. then there is a valid reason to do all that work other than just seeing it.

as far as areas are concerned, well, you have to have them since everything is built on them.
there are a lot of things I would like IE to do but it just doesn't (animations being something it does not do well)

--------------------

Quote Post
Bereth Darkides
post Mar 22 2008, 04:03 PM
Post #34

Forum Member

Was not the one animation in Diablo or Diablo 2

--------------------
Also known as Warren22

Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2024 - 10:10 AM