Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Suggested quests, sound off
jastey
post Nov 11 2004, 11:12 AM
Post #21

Forum Member

I like the idea of "solving" the broken armour quest an evil way - oh it would be very evil not to return the armour to the ghostly knights to give them their peace back! (Even the poem poe which can be met on the bridge tells his ballad about them.)

Yet I wouldn't like to change the good quest solution, i.e. not alter or erase the ghostly knights. (Sorry, but this would interfere into the original game events too much.)

For coding: Start with assuming that everything could be done. We will tell you to stop in time. tongue.gif

Last question: with an extra 100 quests will the endgame and several other late-game encounters be more difficult and or raise the official exp cap? It sounds logical.

Hoho! That's a good thought, we didn't consider this up to now. Yet I think it's not the issue for the BG1 Questpack to introduce such an altered exp cap. It's basically the problem of every mod, although BG1 Questpack will give a lot of more XP in "one go". Altering the endgame is worth a thought, although I would prefer if it's not only "make it harder".

The BG1 Questpack will add quests of different dimensions. Some are very small - some rather large (or even combining several sub-quests to one bigger.) Yet it tries to interfere or alter the original game the least possible. Compatibility to BG1 NPC project for the Tutu version is of great interest to us, so we will keep that in mind.

This post has been edited by jastey: Nov 11 2004, 12:06 PM
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
NiGHTMARE
post Nov 11 2004, 06:15 PM
Post #22

Forum Member

Here's an idea: perhaps a villain from one of the major Questpack quests could, after being thwarted by the PC & co., join forces with Sarevok at the final battle? biggrin.gif

Quote Post
SirLancelot
post Nov 12 2004, 04:26 AM
Post #23

Forum Member

QUOTE(NiGHTMARE @ Nov 11 2004, 06:15 PM)
Here's an idea: perhaps a villain from one of the major Questpack quests could, after being thwarted by the PC & co., join forces with Sarevok at the final battle? biggrin.gif

Wow! A new idea is crossing my mind...what about more important enemies to defeat after Sarevok fall? A final battle against kicked off or rejected rancorous ex NPC would be nice...yes, i know they were/could were party NPC's, but that's the past. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by SirLancelot: Nov 12 2004, 04:27 AM

Quote Post
Baronius
post Nov 12 2004, 04:11 PM
Post #24

Master of energies
Group Icon

Council Member

Altering the story or already existing battles is not a bad idea, as long as the changes don't require overwriting or altering already existing game files. It would damage the principle of total compatibility, which is followed by BG1QP as well.

--------------------
Mental harmony dispels the darkness.

Quote Post
SirLancelot
post Jan 1 2005, 03:50 AM
Post #25

Forum Member

Mmm, a new idea, have you thought in BG2 items descriptions to make new quests?

Halberd +2: 'Suryris' Blade'

Suryris, a white minotaur who traveled the Orsraun mountains in Turmish, lived for nothing but the thrill of combat, and encouraged warriors to challenge him for his magical weapon: a powerful halberd. Despite his aggressive nature, he was an honorable combatant and never slew opponents he could overpower. Suryris met his superior only once, in a battle that lasted hours and had the minotaur often fearing defeat. The contest ended when his opponent's sword broke, but Suryis knew he likely would have been bested had it continued. He presented his weapon to the astonished man, who thereafter told of this noble creature to anyone who would listen.

Quote Post
jastey
post Jan 1 2005, 08:55 PM
Post #26

Forum Member

I like that idea, SirLancelot, thanks! smile.gif
It would require to read all the descriptions of BGII-weapons and identify those who would fit into the BG1 timeline, of course. Do you have some more weapon descriptions ready that would fit? (Hoping to safe myself some time... wink.gif )

This post has been edited by jastey: Jan 1 2005, 08:57 PM

Quote Post
SirLancelot
post Jan 1 2005, 09:48 PM
Post #27

Forum Member

Another one:

Helm of glory: 'Helm of the Noble'

Named for its original owner, Sir Tain the Noble, this helm saw many great battles in his possession. It was eventually passed on to Sir Tain's squire, who had served him faithfully for almost ten years. Alas, the young man had neither the strength, nor the skill to uphold his master's legacy. It is rumored he lost his life in the pursuit of a worthy, but ultimately futile cause, and the helm has had many owners since.

STATISTICS:

Armor Class: +1 bonus
Charisma: +1 bonus
Special: Protects Against Critical Hits
Weight: 2
Not Usable By:
Mage
Bard
Thief

Quote Post
Rabain
post Jan 29 2005, 10:47 PM
Post #28

GOD

Retired team member

I like this idea of using characters from item descriptions!

This project hasn't been abandoned folks, I have been busy with another mod as have some of the other people working on this. For the next month or two i will hopefully be able to split my time between BG1QP and Callum and get some movement going!

Everyone keep posting idea's, the more detailed the better!

Thanks for your time and your interest!

Quote Post
Salk
post Feb 5 2005, 11:08 AM
Post #29

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

Actually this is not about a quest but about bucklers! biggrin.gif There are classes who can only use bucklers and I do believe there are not many quests/fights that let you get nice magical bucklers to wear (I think the only good one is in the Durlag's Tower, if I remember correctly). So...ehm...what about creating some of those nice small shields for thieves and druids ? laugh.gif

Quote Post
Rabain
post Feb 5 2005, 01:25 PM
Post #30

GOD

Retired team member

Sounds good. I take it you have an idea in mind? smile.gif

You just want to see more +1 / 2 bucklers or ones with magical abilities?

What kind of magical abilites? For my part I think the giving of extra points to open locks, find traps etc with items has been done to death!

Can you think of other abilites a thief/druid might appreciate in a magical item?

Quote Post
Salk
post Feb 5 2005, 10:26 PM
Post #31

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

Yes, I was thinking of magic bucklers for druids and thieves.

Common +1 and +2 Bucklers could be even fine but it was not what I thought of.
I was thinking something more specific for their classes.

Perhaps a buckler usable only by druids and one usable only by thieves.

About their specific characteristics...Well...I will think of something and post it here! wink.gif

Thanks for your attention,Rabain!

Quote Post
Salk
post Feb 9 2005, 10:33 AM
Post #32

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

Well...

I have been thinking about what kind of bucklers you guys might create and perhaps we should go for three different kind of bucklers which are usable only by thieves, bards and druids respectively.

About what characteristics each buckler should have, I'd let other people that are better than me at this decide about it but I think that each buckler should contain advantages (and perhaps, to be original, also some "malus" ?) that are strictly connected to the profession.

I am sure you guys can think of something nice that might surprise me! wub.gif

Quote Post
Rabain
post Feb 13 2005, 02:00 PM
Post #33

GOD

Retired team member

Treebark Buckler +2

This buckler was a gift to a Druid of the Great Forest from a friendly dryad. The Dryad coaxed the tree into growing the buckler over the course of several seasons as a reward for the Druid having saved the tree from some settlers new to the region cutting tree's for housing.

Although the buckler is magically enchanted it is heavier than normal metal bucklers due to its increased thickness.

STATISTICS:

Armor Class Bonus: 3
Special: No Missile/Piercing Attack Protection
Special: Can cast Entangle on a single target Once per day.
Special: -1 Dexterity
Weight: 5
Requires: 6 Strength
Usable By:
Druid (single, dual or multi-class)

Quote Post
Rabain
post Feb 13 2005, 11:01 PM
Post #34

GOD

Retired team member

Buckler of the Sneaky Sting

This buckler was an oft used device of the famous Waterdeep thief Kayle Largo. Kayle would often be cornered by jealous competitors on his pirate runs into Skullport. Once cornered his attackers would laugh at his small dagger, the only other defence he carried. Somehow Kayle always survived and his equaliser was this buckler.

In combat the buckler can be released by a cunningly artificed trigger which propels the metal disc off the bearers arm towards the unfortunate target. The edges are razor-honed steel and can cut through flesh like...well...a razor.

STATISTICS:

Armor Class Bonus: 1
Special: Can be launched from arm for 1d6 slashing damage to a distance of 30ft.
Requires: 4 Strength
Usable By:
Thief (single, dual or multi-class)

(I'm not sure if this can actually be implemented in BG1 but possibly a 1 per day use of a spell that does 1d6 damage could simulate the attack. I have a nice rotating buckler animation that could be used as the projectile but that's more work which again I am not sure is possible for BG1)

Quote Post
Salk
post Feb 15 2005, 05:57 AM
Post #35

Multiclass F/C/M

Forum Member

Very nice,Rabain!

I like both of your ideas. About the Buckler of the Sneaky Sting however I believe that we should keep the launch of the buckler as a To Hit attempt as it should be possible to miss just like for any kind of normal attack. It would be really nice to see it working though! The best being making animation of the buckler hurdled against the enemy!
Its attack type should also be pointed out to be slashing.

About the Treebark Buckler, I reckon it's perfect that way you made it!

Now if we had something special for the Bards too... wub.gif

Quote Post
Rabain
post Feb 15 2005, 06:38 PM
Post #36

GOD

Retired team member

I'm not sure if thaco can be used on an item that is not a weapon and as BG1 does not have dual-wield a shield cannot be a weapon. The spell could have a saving throw sure enough!

Anyone reading this have any ideas feel free to post! A slashing spell with a saving throw would be close enough I think!

As for a Bard buckler:

Bronze Cymbal

The Bronze Cymbal has been seen on the arm of many a bard since its creation. The flashy adornment is considered by some to be the height of fashion. The cymbal was originally created by an apprentice elven bard Jenara in Evereska. Jenara could never quite master the instrument and her teacher would not let her become a journeyman until she was proficient. As she was also learning her mage-craft at the time she attempted to magically enhance the cymbal to play better. However when she started to tap the instrument dogs from far and wide across the city came barking. Jenara was forced to use the cymbal as a shield to keep the dogs away until the arrival of her teacher who dismissed them with a spell.

Exasperated with Jenara the teacher passed her to journeyman and sent her on her way. For many years Jenara used the cymbal as both instrument and shield until attaining Master rank at which stage she gave it to one of her own troublesome apprentices.

How the cymbal came to be here is anyone's guess.

STATISTICS:

Armor Class Bonus: 1
Special: Can summon a war-dog once per day for 60 seconds under the users control.
Special: 15% chance war-dog will be rabid and attack the summoner.
Requires: 4 Strength
Usable By:
Bard (edited out)

Quote Post
NiGHTMARE
post Feb 19 2005, 10:29 AM
Post #37

Forum Member

Nice sounding items smile.gif.

Just an incredibly nitpicky point, but you can't have multi- or dual-class bards, so "Bard (single, dual or multi-class)" is a bit redundant wink.gif.

Quote Post
Rabain
post Feb 19 2005, 02:20 PM
Post #38

GOD

Retired team member

Just an incredibly nitpicky point, but you can't have multi- or dual-class bards, so "Bard (single, dual or multi-class)" is a bit redundant .

If thats the only bad thing you're going to say I'll take it gladly! smile.gif

I actually thought about this when I was doing it but couldn't remember for sure! In my own defense maybe someone will create an illegal dual class Bard/Fighter (Xena musical episodes anyone?) dry.gif

Quote Post
jastey
post Feb 21 2005, 11:32 AM
Post #39

Forum Member

But the BGQP will be compatible with BG1tutu, too, and there multi-class bards are possible. smile.gif

SirLancelot: Thank you for your suggestions, I will develop the idea of quest encounters from BG2 items descriptions further once I'm finished with the things I'm modding at the moment. smile.gif

Quote Post
Domi
post Feb 22 2005, 07:53 PM
Post #40

Forum Member

But the BGQP will be compatible with BG1tutu, too, and there multi-class bards are possible.

Unless Tweaks or some other mod allows Bard dual or multi-classing, TUTU core will not let you have a milti-bard, just like BG2. Unless you mean kits.

--------------------
Worry not about the arrow with your name on it, for there is but one. Instead, occupy yourself with the arrows addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'...

Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th September 2024 - 10:14 AM