The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maxing Supreme Golem
pekkae
post Jun 9 2024, 03:01 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

Has anybody figured out a reliable strategy for beating the supreme golem in wk/3?

I can whack the thing, it wasn't a problem -but I do not know how I could max exp from the fight. It doesn't seem possible, especially on insane. I've tried this unsuccesfull approaches with numerous techniques (invulnerable vagrant, spam summons, tank with CS etc.)

And it is situated just before reaching numerous very powerful items / abilities (full RvE, Swashies armour etc.).

I think this fight is only doable when pretty much your entire party composition is geared towards this fight but even in that case getting all spawns seems like a difficult task.

Personally, the best Ive come up with would include 1-2 amazing tanks supported by spamming summons. An DR maxed Berserk(9/13)/Cleric supported by a Shaman should be able to reach an effective AC of -42 (Base -26, -2 DuHM, -4 Girdle, -4 SoA + -6 Shaman Entropy Shield), making it basicly unhittable, doesn't take any physical damage so it just suffers the elemental damage + entrophy shield is easy to re-up and SoA is nondispellable. When re-upping SoA you'd need to distract the golem a little bit just to be safe. Should one have another amazing tank (a DD for example), you can most likely prolong the fight a little bit. But in that case you are down to 2 characters tanking the SG, with a Necro (or a Sorcerer) and a Shaman, meaning the remaining 2 character should be pretty good in H2H in order to take out the spawns. One can of course support the H2H with summons, though you'd need them towards the end though.

The only thing haven't tried is spamming the area with rabbits, which should give you a little bit of a relief for the tanks.

But other than that I don't know. Am I missing something?

This post has been edited by pekkae: Jun 9 2024, 05:28 PM
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
bulian
post Jun 9 2024, 04:44 PM
Post #2

Forum Member

It’s certainly possible to defeat the supreme golem in WK3 during SOA part of game - Ive done so on core. You can also clear WK3 maze first without fighting green wyrm so you can get RVE if that’s an important part of your strategy. You can also save those fights for TOB if you prefer and come with a post-Gromnir or even post-Abazigal party.

If your goal is to fully milk all the summons, I wouldn’t know how to do that and think you may be in for a rough time as you mentioned. All of the extra elemental golems disappear when the supreme golem is defeated, and probably the coin/gem golems as well.

The general strategy Ive found to work involves full prebuffing for elemental immunity/IH/etc and then sending a single xharacter in to take the Purge, followed by CSing the golem down.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 9 2024, 05:29 PM
Post #3

Forum Member

Yup, it's definitely whackable. But I don't know how I could get all spawns out. With my optimal approach (described above) I should be able to get 4 elementals out or so, possibly a few minor golems as well. f

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th July 2024 - 11:15 AM