The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IA 7.0 Testing
namelessone47
post Jul 4 2024, 06:33 AM
Post #1

Forum Member

01. Sibel Dual-class BUG: when Sibel (eg. S18->C) has deployed weapon proficiency points to all possible weapon profs & styles and there is still at least 1 point left, she will lose the opportunity choosing new HLA in the LEVEL UP MENU (You can only click the "Done" button).

Now I want to say something about the Swash Class.

Swashbuckler High level Dual-class may be very unrealistic in Insane/LoB difficulty: (e.g. S18C, S18F, S20C, S20F, etc); On the other hand, single-class Swash is not as powerful as most fighters, in my opinion (No UAI).
for S20->, you don't want to give up the 10% hit effect, right? But the drawback is huge: you won't get any Swash HLA, and you need more than 6M exp (in total) to make your Swash class active again.
for S14->, a bit better, but you still need more than 3M exp. It's playable, but it may be a bit/very painful.
So at high level difficulties, if you want to have a try the Swash dual-class, most often you will choose S9->. But the sad fact is that, this is not very competitive: you only get several thief points, +3 AC and +2 to Hit, +2 DMG, that's all.
You may argue something like: Improvised Blend +5 is very powerful, etc... But there are also many powerful items for other classes, many are more powerful. Plus, you won't get Improvised Blend +5 until the very end.

In conclusion, my advice is: if you want to play dual-class Swash, try it at an easier difficulty level.

02. Typo: Defender of Easthaven +3. BTW, one main ingredient of Phosphorus +5 (from Sibel MOD) is Defender of Easthaven +3, but after forging Phosphorus +5, the outstanding DR ability is gone, which is very disappointing!

03. Flail of Ages +3 now loses its "Critical item" flag.

04. Contingency and Chain Contingency have the wrong description: "casting time 0"; In reality it is 9.

05. in my opinion, Dragon Lord +5 and Poseidon's Wrath +5's damage type (and description) should be adjusted to "piercing or slashing" in order to be consistent with the EE Halberd damage type.

06. Death of a thousand cuts +4's description: "Not Usable By: Warriors (not multi-class)" should be "Usable By..."

07. Seems like the "War Paint" ability from "Stained in Blood +6" has the wrong effect: rather than dealing thorn dmg to enemies, it only reduces the damage from each specific enemy by 15% for 12s from the last hit by that enemy(i.e. the very first damage won't be reduced) , whom has never been hurt during the process. (it uses effect 332: Attack damage type bonus with value -15)

08. Hindo's Doom +4: instead of "Touch" as GR's range, it should be "Caster's Party" in order to be consistent with GR's description.

09. Invisibility, 10' Radius: Real lasting time should be 24 hours instead of 5 turns.

10. Staff of the Magi actually does not: "Permanently disable Stealth and Thieving skills buttons"(minor issue since UAI is gone). BTW, we are more encouraged to play mage protagonists as "good" ones after robe of eloquence's gone. Evil mages, as well as poor old school archmage Edwin, seem to be forgotten.

This post has been edited by namelessone47: Jul 17 2024, 11:45 PM
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Jul 4 2024, 01:56 PM
Post #2

Forum Member

Was the Swash->F a viable option for Insane/LoB in previous versions?

Btw it's not a good indicator of the kit or its dual power, since it's just one overpowered character but Sibel as Swash(9)->Fighter is very deadly, at least on core difficulty smile.gif

Sibel Dual-class BUG: when Sibel (eg. S18->C) has deployed weapon proficiency points to all possible weapon profs & styles and there is still at least 1 point left, she will lose the opportunity choosing new HLA in the LEVEL UP MENU (You can only click the "Done" button).

If I undestand correctly, this is most probably an engine level bug, I have some experience with UI modding (as I'm currently implementing some UI changes for IATweaks), but I highly doubt it can be fixed by us.

Quote Post
lroumen
post Jul 4 2024, 02:21 PM
Post #3

Forum Member

A single class cleric has 12 stars to distribute over 13 possible slots. The problem arises if the original class puts too many points in the weapon proficiencies that clerics can use because then the cleric runs out of slots to fill and you skip the last parts of the level up. The work around is some dummy slots for the cleric class.

My paper thoughts since I did not play anything yet of v7. I recall that the swashbuckler got the to-hit bonuses immediately from the start and that gave them an edge and in total at level 20 the chance of something was greater. Now, waiting until level 14 gives you a poor fighter with some thieving skills for quite a long time.
If you do not need the thieving skills I would consider other IA kits. Alternatively, in case of Sibel I guess you would dual class early. In case of Hexxat, you would need her cloak upgrade as soon as possible.

This post has been edited by lroumen: Jul 4 2024, 02:43 PM

Quote Post
bulian
post Jul 4 2024, 05:00 PM
Post #4

Forum Member

The change to swashbucklers on-hit bonus to level 14 was intentional by the design team driven by Sikret. While low level swashbucklers have a bit of a nerf, choosing when to dual class provides an interesting choice with a good tradeoff.

Specifically to Sibel, there are some differences in itemization that occur with Sibel's quest in Ch2/3 depending on her class, so there is even more theory crafting to uncover.

Quote Post
namelessone47
post Jul 5 2024, 07:05 AM
Post #5

Forum Member

QUOTE(bulian @ Jul 4 2024, 01:00 PM) *
The change to swashbucklers on-hit bonus to level 14 was intentional by the design team driven by Sikret. While low level swashbucklers have a bit of a nerf, choosing when to dual class provides an interesting choice with a good tradeoff.

Specifically to Sibel, there are some differences in itemization that occur with Sibel's quest in Ch2/3 depending on her class, so there is even more theory crafting to uncover.

Glimmering Amber Amulet, Casting Speed bonus: +2!!! rolleyes.gif

Quote Post
critto
post Jul 11 2024, 11:49 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Premium Member
Tactical reputation: 2

Hi. Thanks for the feedback.

1. The proficiency thing indeed sounds like an engine issue.

2. Where's the typo? Not sure I understand.

3. Is it crucial for the item to have "critical" flag? It is generally reserved for plot-relevant items that shouldn't be sold accidentally.

4. This could be fixed, I guess.

5. I think there's some engine-level issue where the least efficient damage type is chosen if an item has an either/or value set. It is best to stick with the single damage type.

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jul 11 2024, 12:07 PM
Post #7

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

Chain Contingency has casting time zero in reality. No fix required.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.

Quote Post
critto
post Jul 11 2024, 12:11 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Premium Member
Tactical reputation: 2

Isn't there a casting animation after choosing the spells?

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jul 11 2024, 12:12 PM
Post #9

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

QUOTE(critto @ Jul 11 2024, 04:41 PM) *
Isn't there a casting animation after choosing the spells?

No, it opens the menu immediately.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Jul 11 2024, 12:37 PM
Post #10

Forum Member

The casting speed is really 9, but it doesn't matter, since the target is equal to 7 (caster keep spell, no animation), which indeed causes the spell to be cast instantly even when the game is paused. What I noticed is that for some reason the spell has an additional "cast spell" opcode attached, that after a small delay casts a subspell which does nothing, but breaks any other action performed AND wastes the action for the next round.

This post has been edited by SparrowJacek: Jul 11 2024, 12:42 PM

Quote Post
namelessone47
post Jul 11 2024, 12:45 PM
Post #11

Forum Member

QUOTE(critto @ Jul 11 2024, 07:49 AM) *
Hi. Thanks for the feedback.

1. The proficiency thing indeed sounds like an engine issue.

2. Where's the typo? Not sure I understand.

3. Is it crucial for the item to have "critical" flag? It is generally reserved for plot-relevant items that shouldn't be sold accidentally.

4. This could be fixed, I guess.

5. I think there's some engine-level issue where the least efficient damage type is chosen if an item has an either/or value set. It is best to stick with the single damage type.

2. my bad, I used Near Infinity with the inappropriate encoding, so few characters were twisted some sort...
3. Indeed it is not crucial.

This post has been edited by namelessone47: Jul 11 2024, 12:52 PM

Quote Post
namelessone47
post Jul 11 2024, 12:47 PM
Post #12

Forum Member

QUOTE(SparrowJacek @ Jul 11 2024, 08:37 AM) *
The casting speed is really 9, but it doesn't matter, since the target is equal to 7 (caster keep spell, no animation), which indeed causes the spell to be cast instantly even when the game is paused. What I noticed is that for some reason the spell has an additional "cast spell" opcode attached, that after a small delay casts a subspell which does nothing, but breaks any other action performed AND wastes the action for the next round.

Thanks for clarification! for CC, I checked the real casting speed via NI, yes it is 9 and that's why I doubted something was wrong. It's kind of like the thief thing: something is checked at some point per some time interval(i.e. 6s), especially when he is not hasted. And If you get unlucky, there is a small delay. BTW, the casting time indeed is every huge if CC is casted via reading a scroll

This post has been edited by namelessone47: Jul 11 2024, 01:18 PM

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2024 - 05:18 PM