9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Suggestions for the coming release
SparrowJacek
post Oct 20 2022, 07:06 PM
Post #61

Forum Member

Thank you, I will use at least one of those names smile.gif

The work is going pretty well, although some spells prove to be harder to implement than anticipated and take more time to work as intended. Just to keep you entertained while I'm working on them, here's my little rework to PoL "Hold undead", it holds them, but in a slightly different way:

~Hold Undead
(Necromancy)

Level: 3
Range: 35 ft.
Duration: 2 rounds
Casting Time: 3
Area of Effect: 1 creature
Saving Throw: Special

This spell affects movements of one undead creature. It focuses around lower parts of the body, attempting to hold the enemy in place and making it more vulnerable to damage. If the creature does fail a Saving Throw against Spell at -2, its movement speed will be reduced by 100% and its resistance to slashing and crushing damage will be reduced by 20%. A successful Saving Throw will reduce both of those effects by half. Magic Resistance does not protect from this spell, however it is still a 3rd level spell, so powerful Undead like Liches and Demiliches are not affected.~

It's not supposed to be very powerful, but it should be useful throughout the game.

This post has been edited by SparrowJacek: Oct 20 2022, 08:28 PM
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
pekkae
post Oct 23 2022, 05:46 PM
Post #62

Forum Member

QUOTE(SparrowJacek @ Oct 20 2022, 07:06 PM) *
Thank you, I will use at least one of those names smile.gif

The work is going pretty well, although some spells prove to be harder to implement than anticipated and take more time to work as intended. Just to keep you entertained while I'm working on them, here's my little rework to PoL "Hold undead", it holds them, but in a slightly different way:

~Hold Undead
(Necromancy)

Level: 3
Duration: 2 rounds
Casting Time: 3
Area of Effect: 1 creature
Saving Throw: Special

This spell affects movements of one undead creature. It focuses around lower parts of the body, attempting to hold the enemy in place and making it more vulnerable to damage. If the creature does fail a Saving Throw against Spell at -2, its movement speed will be reduced by 100% and its resistance to slashing and crushing damage will be reduced by 20%. A successful Saving Throw will reduce both of those effects by half. Magic Resistance does not protect from this spell, however it is still a 3rd level spell, so powerful Undead like Liches and Demiliches are not affected.~

It's not supposed to be very powerful, but it should be useful throughout the game.

I'm happy I could help! Even though it's sort of a minor thing.

This reworked "hold undead" looks very useful!

Will the new upcoming changes require a new game from the start? I'm sort of toying around in Amn a little bit but I'm looking forward to trying out all of the new things smile.gif, but it it does require a fresh game then I don't want to play my game too far ahead.

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Oct 23 2022, 06:22 PM
Post #63

Forum Member

This reworked "hold undead" looks very useful!
I created a way of implementing some things much faster, so it will be easier for me to create spells which improve with caster's level, so Hold Undead will be a bit buffed in the beta version I'll publish. It should be a real option that players might consider, even when they get 7th level spells and HLAs (although it shouldn't be the only viable option).

Will the new upcoming changes require a new game from the start? I'm sort of toying around in Amn a little bit but I'm looking forward to trying out all of the new things smile.gif, but it it does require a fresh game then I don't want to play my game too far ahead.

I am not familiar with how the benefits for certain classes/kits work, so just to be safe, I'd advise against playing too far ahead. New spells should be applied as soon as your Priest reaches next level, but all other things might not work so smoothly.

EDIT:
Some new spell icons are already done smile.gif

This post has been edited by SparrowJacek: Oct 23 2022, 08:17 PM

Quote Post
lroumen
post Oct 24 2022, 06:00 AM
Post #64

Forum Member

You only get new abilities at level up for the next levels, not any previous levels. What actively updates are changes to. Number of spell slots (except shaman, sorceress), thac0 and saving throw tables.

You can with an editor set level to 0, hp to 1, other bonuses, resists, etc to baseline, then relevel your character and then you should theoretically have everything you should have.

The icons look very nice and the spell indeed worthwhile for usage even later on. If it stacks with itself, that might be even more sweet.
One note... I thought the priest of Lathander hold undead version might be set to level 0 since it is an innate and otherwise you do not see it or cannot use it when your character is a level 1 or 2 character. As level 0 innate it may affect liches and pass through spell globes.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Oct 24 2022, 06:04 PM
Post #65

Forum Member

QUOTE(SparrowJacek @ Oct 23 2022, 06:22 PM) *
EDIT:
Some new spell icons are already done smile.gif

Care to share out details of what these spells do? rolleyes.gif

Icons look great!

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Oct 24 2022, 06:41 PM
Post #66

Forum Member

One note... I thought the priest of Lathander hold undead version might be set to level 0 since it is an innate and otherwise you do not see it or cannot use it when your character is a level 1 or 2 character. As level 0 innate it may affect liches and pass through spell globes.
I know it can be done that way, however having liches vulnerable to this doesn't really accomplish much, since they're slow anyway and if you can hit them, then they're pretty much dead anyway. Also if you manage to to hold them, then you can just run away and for example wait for their PFMW to run off safely. And as for demiliches - lowering their DR would make the fights trivial. So right now only liches, demiliches, and probably Bodhi will be entirely immune to this spell.

Care to share out details of what these spells do? rolleyes.gif

Well, on the one hand, I'd love to share all the details right now, so we can have a discussion about those spells, but on the other, I want you to have at least some stuff to discover by yourselves, when I publish the beta version smile.gif

So in general, all 3 spells (as can be probably deduced from their icons) are protective, and serve to keep the whole party and the Priest alive.

And here's the description for the spell in the middle:
Protective Chant
(Abjuration)

Level: 5
Duration: 3 seconds
Casting Time: 1
Area of Effect: 15-ft. radis
Saving Throw: None

This chant provides means of protection against powerful magics. The caster utters only a few words and directs the spell to any area chosen by <PRO_HIMHER>. Every ally in a 15-ft circle receives a short lasting boost to their Magic Damage Resistance. High level priests can make their whole party survive even the dreaded Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting with only minor injuries.

Initially the spell increases Magic Damage Resistance of all affected by 50%, however at 20'th level of the caster this value is increased to 75%

In general I hope that this spell will be useful when you anticipate, that the enemy will fire off a trigger/contingency with 3xADHW, or when you encounter a bunch of Rakshasas, however I'm sure it can have some other usages.

This post has been edited by SparrowJacek: Oct 24 2022, 06:58 PM

Quote Post
lappen
post Nov 1 2022, 09:18 AM
Post #67

Forum Member

hey guys, is there a chance that u can implement that cursed robe from the Four mod ?

or can anyone explain how to get it ?

thank u guys wink.gif

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Nov 2 2022, 08:56 AM
Post #68

Forum Member

I am not familiar with The Four mod and I am not sure where to find the enemies added by it. I will need to play and check for myself.

But from what I know, the original items from The Four were pretty overpowered, weren't they? What bonuses did the robe provide?

This post has been edited by SparrowJacek: Nov 2 2022, 08:57 AM

Quote Post
lroumen
post Nov 2 2022, 12:42 PM
Post #69

Forum Member

https://sorcerers.net/community/threads/the...e-4#post-619360

Quote Post
pekkae
post Nov 6 2022, 08:06 AM
Post #70

Forum Member

QUOTE(lappen @ Nov 1 2022, 09:18 AM) *
hey guys, is there a chance that u can implement that cursed robe from the Four mod ?

or can anyone explain how to get it ?

thank u guys wink.gif

My very limited understanding of this is that.

Get "the four mod" or the specific item file for the robe from somewhere.

Add to IA's installation folder. Re-install IA.

Alternatively you could find a generic item pack, replace a item file with the robe's file and install the separate item pack.

However, as mentioned, my understanding of how all this works is very limited =).

This post has been edited by pekkae: Nov 6 2022, 08:12 AM

Quote Post
pekkae
post Nov 6 2022, 08:11 AM
Post #71

Forum Member

QUOTE(SparrowJacek @ Oct 24 2022, 06:41 PM) *
Well, on the one hand, I'd love to share all the details right now, so we can have a discussion about those spells, but on the other, I want you to have at least some stuff to discover by yourselves, when I publish the beta version smile.gif

So in general, all 3 spells (as can be probably deduced from their icons) are protective, and serve to keep the whole party and the Priest alive.

And here's the description for the spell in the middle:
Protective Chant
(Abjuration)

Level: 5
Duration: 3 seconds
Casting Time: 1
Area of Effect: 15-ft. radis

This chant provides means of protection against powerful magics. The caster utters only a few words and directs the spell to any area chosen by <PRO_HIMHER>. Every ally in a 15-ft circle receives a short lasting boost to their Magic Damage Resistance. High level priests can make their whole party survive even the dreaded Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting with only minor injuries.

Initially the spell increases Magic Damage Resistance of all affected by 50%, however at 20'th level of the caster this value is increased to 75%

In general I hope that this spell will be useful when you anticipate, that the enemy will fire off a trigger/contingency with 3xADHW, or when you encounter a bunch of Rakshasas, however I'm sure it can have some other usages.

It's actually one thing I dislike a lot, the end-of-fight triggers. So a way of circumventing the most devastating one's is very welcome.

Personally I would appreciate that the duration would increase to say 2 rounds (is that 12 seconds?), then one could drop this and whack away.

This post has been edited by pekkae: Nov 6 2022, 12:00 PM

Quote Post
lroumen
post Nov 6 2022, 10:56 AM
Post #72

Forum Member

I thought the four was already included in IA, although I do not really know whether they have the original items or changed items.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Nov 6 2022, 10:58 AM
Post #73

Forum Member

QUOTE(lroumen @ Nov 6 2022, 10:56 AM) *
I thought the four was already included in IA, although I do not really know whether they have the original items or changed items.

I think the encounters (at least Ancient Golem & Lich) are implemented, but the items are not.

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Nov 6 2022, 10:32 PM
Post #74

Forum Member

Personally I would appreciate that the duration would increase to say 2 rounds (is that 12 seconds?), then one could drop this and whack away.
Well, it's a 5th level AoE spell with very fast casting time. Wizards have PFME at 6th level, which also has other very important spells like IH + it's a single target spell. Protective Chant should be used in dire situation, usually when the Priest sees the danger. But you are right, that the duration is too short. I will make it 1 round. That way you can be protected for the whole time, but you need to keep casting it.

I will write it down for the future, as this robe doesn't seem THAT powerful, since you can't wear it alongside Vecna.

Okay, I have a little update about Cleric rebalancing - what started as a group of small tweaks and improvements, is growing out of proportion. I have a list of 32 changes, all focused on this class and its kits. New ideas are added faster than I can implement them.

Here are 3 new changes:
- Sword and Shield style has been slightly improved, it now gives -1AC and -1AC vs ranged weapons per * and all Clerics can get ** in this style
- Clerics won't get access to Summon Animals from lvl 4 to 6, that should be restricted to Druids only. Right now I will leave 7th level spell which summons Anacondas, as currently Clerics have no good summons (which might change).
- From lvl 15 Aid spell will work as an Area of Effect spell. Having to cast such low impact spell 6 times is tedious, so now players might be slightly more tempted to use it

I'm still pondering which changes should be introduced to Clerics in general, which ones to all kits and which ones should belong to 1 kit only...

Quote Post
pekkae
post Nov 7 2022, 02:33 PM
Post #75

Forum Member

Well, it's a 5th level AoE spell with very fast casting time. Wizards have PFME at 6th level, which also has other very important spells like IH + it's a single target spell. Protective Chant should be used in dire situation, usually when the Priest sees the danger. But you are right, that the duration is too short. I will make it 1 round. That way you can be protected for the whole time, but you need to keep casting it.
Now it looks quite usable! Great! The arcane version lasts for hours (or so) at late game so the uses for these are completely different, I think.

Okay, I have a little update about Cleric rebalancing - what started as a group of small tweaks and improvements, is growing out of proportion. I have a list of 32 changes, all focused on this class and its kits. New ideas are added faster than I can implement them.

Here are 3 new changes:
- Sword and Shield style has been slightly improved, it now gives -1AC and -1AC vs ranged weapons per * and all Clerics can get ** in this style
- Clerics won't get access to Summon Animals from lvl 4 to 6, that should be restricted to Druids only. Right now I will leave 7th level spell which summons Anacondas, as currently Clerics have no good summons (which might change).
- From lvl 15 Aid spell will work as an Area of Effect spell. Having to cast such low impact spell 6 times is tedious, so now players might be slightly more tempted to use it

I'm still pondering which changes should be introduced to Clerics in general, which ones to all kits and which ones should belong to 1 kit only...

These updates look great! I'm looking forward to trying these out in practice! thumb.gif

Edit: Some nice summons for Clerics would be most welcome!

This post has been edited by pekkae: Nov 7 2022, 02:45 PM

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Nov 9 2022, 01:04 PM
Post #76

Forum Member

Clerics won't have Iron Skins, but they will have other means of staying alive and providing survivability for other party members. Here's another new spell, currently available only for Priest of Lathander (though I think I will give all or most of the new spells to all kits).

Guardian Angel
(Necromancy)

Level: 6
Range: 0
Duration: 1 turn
Casting Time: 5
Area of Effect: The caster

By means of this spell, the caster fills <PRO_HISHER> body with healing energies. Each time <PRO_HESHE> is hit, a part of this energy is immediately directed to the injured part of the body, mitigating the pain and closing the wounds. Each time the caster suffers any damage, <PRO_HISHER> HP is restored. At level 11 the amount is equal to 4, then it increases to 6 at level 17 and finally at level 25 it heals 8HP. It is worth noting, that this spell can not prevent death, and will not allow to heal from any fatal injuries.

This spell comes with an animation of a beating heart:

This post has been edited by SparrowJacek: Nov 10 2022, 10:54 AM

Quote Post
lroumen
post Nov 9 2022, 05:39 PM
Post #77

Forum Member

That looks awesome and sounds very useful. I think it will be a nice addition to regeneration.

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Nov 13 2022, 10:21 PM
Post #78

Forum Member

Okay, time to present another ability, that should allow kitted Clerics to be more useful in spell casting at higher levels. It will be presented as a HLA, which can be picked up to 3 times, however a less melee oriented kit might get it even faster.

~Purify Aura
(Generalist)

Level: Quest
Sphere: None
Duration: Instant
Casting Time: 0
Area of Effect: Caster

Experienced Clerics can send a vast amount of energy from the Positive Energy Plane as a singe impulse emanating from their bodies and minds. By doing so, they can instantly cleanse their aura at any moment they desire. This however is very taxing to the caster, thus only the most powerful Priests can use this skill in a rapid succession.

The ability is instantaneous but can only be used once every 3 rounds, this time is reduced to 2 rounds and 1 round at levels 20 and 25 and finally at level 30 it has no cooldown.~

This ability should be more strategical than Improved Alacrity, as you can use it at any point in time, not needing your aura to be cleansed. You might for example stop casting some spell in the middle, use Purify Aura and switch to Protective Chant, if you see an enemy finishing his ADHW.

There will be one more spell, which will make casting more useful, especially at higher levels.

Also Cleric version of Disrupt Undead will work as a ranged spell, though it will be castable from a short distance only.

This post has been edited by SparrowJacek: Nov 13 2022, 10:24 PM

Quote Post
lroumen
post Nov 14 2022, 06:55 PM
Post #79

Forum Member

I thought that if you just finished a spell or canceled it you would need to wait for the round end before you can activate that ability?

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Nov 14 2022, 07:26 PM
Post #80

Forum Member

No, you don't need to do that. This ability can be used at ANY time, as long as you have control over your character. Ofc at lower levels it won't have any effect if you don't wait for the proper amount of time, but you get a "fatigued" icon on your character, just like with berserker rage, indicating when you can use the ability again.

https://youtu.be/dEKjO3O8dY8 Here's a video presenting the skill.

This post has been edited by SparrowJacek: Nov 14 2022, 09:18 PM

Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th September 2024 - 09:55 PM