> Starting movies
Valiant
post Jun 21 2010, 06:58 PM
Post #1

3ds Max Mage
Group Icon

Mod Developer

Hi folks blink.gif

I´m curious about the starting movies. Are they hardcoded into BGMain. exe file or they can be replaced by my own movies? For example I have ToB installed, but when I press in the main screen Shadows Of Amn button, I don´t want to watch that movie describing your past, the jail flashbacks and so on, but I would like to see my own movie... Is there any file that handle this??

Thanks blink.gif

This post has been edited by Valiant: Jun 21 2010, 06:58 PM

--------------------
Valiant

Tower Of Deception creator.
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Hoppy
post Jul 25 2010, 12:25 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Gold Member

I looked into it a bit and BGT introduces the different movies, especially starting BG1 or BGII parts within the first area scripts. Knowing that BGT alters the BGMAIN.exe for its own purposes there has got to be some good hardcoded stuff to dodge if you want to change the movie. Maybe patch the BGMain with ReplaceTextually ~SOAINTRO~ with whatever you want.

As far as the normal game, I don't think the opening movies are run by a script but I haven't looked at vanilla game files in months (<<<holy s*$%) laugh.gif

confused.gif

Movies are hard for me to understand mainly because they will only play from the Movie.BIF file, whatever the proper name for that file is in both games.

This post has been edited by Hoppy: Jul 25 2010, 12:29 AM

--------------------
“May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.” - Voltaire

Go to the top of the page

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th September 2024 - 05:27 PM