Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Journal 7.0, diary of Aria Joyce, an auramaster, Will take time
Sikret
post Jul 8 2024, 01:33 PM
Post #61

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

See my recent reply before your last one.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
critto
post Jul 11 2024, 12:08 PM
Post #62

Group Icon

Premium Member
Tactical reputation: 2

SPOILER!
the druid @ grove just says I have a few days a best etc.

Yes, this an oversight, will be fixed some time in the future, I guess.

A for Vecna, I am not sure yet, this requires a deep dive into the logic. Perhaps, Sikret was right in his initial idea when the changes to the distribution were applied in v7. For now, my suggestion to any who runs into this bug is to fix the issue locally with the console (send us a message if you don't know how to exactly).

The only messenger I know I've missed thus far is the keep messenger forfirst Lord Roenall meet. But that's how it's always gone.

I think the messengers shouldn't bug out in v7 anymore, we did some testing and introduced a patch for that.

Regarding the gift, SPOILER!
the correct location in this case is AR2808, indeed.

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jul 11 2024, 12:16 PM
Post #63

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

Regarding Vecna, just don't attack Samia before finding the treasure in the tomb. Let her perform her little plot and initiate the fight.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jul 12 2024, 02:06 PM
Post #64

Forum Member

Alright. I have a few days / some time during the weekend.

We'll push through, let's see how far we can go.

See my recent reply before your last one.
Yes, this works! Thank you!

A for Vecna, I am not sure yet, this requires a deep dive into the logic. Perhaps, Sikret was right in his initial idea when the changes to the distribution were applied in v7. For now, my suggestion to any who runs into this bug is to fix the issue locally with the console (send us a message if you don't know how to exactly).

Yes, that should be correct.

Regarding Vecna, just don't attack Samia before finding the treasure in the tomb. Let her perform her little plot and initiate the fight.

I have a suggestion for this, that combines both approaches. Since I get the "encourages honest approach" in the game while I also understand that it would be extremely frustrating to miss out on such an important item because of a logic that one was not aware of.

Thus I'd suggest that choosing the worng path with Samia the location changes to Ancient Dragon, because that's a punishment in itself biggrin.gif.

This post has been edited by pekkae: Jul 12 2024, 02:12 PM

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jul 12 2024, 02:24 PM
Post #65

Forum Member

QUOTE(bulian @ Jun 19 2024, 07:39 AM) *
Another great journal as always. I'd suggest you relax your personal rules on forging restrictions, at least for some experimentation.

SPOILER!
You'll see why once you get to Ch 6 - there is a new crafter who provides new items that are VERY powerful. I'm personally curious for feedback on them from others.

Thanks again!

Any specifics here? Or just general feedback?

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jul 13 2024, 03:59 PM
Post #66

Forum Member

Updated the journal with the latest fights & included stats & found a game breaking bug (need to quite & start over the whole game).

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Jul 13 2024, 04:17 PM
Post #67

Forum Member

Great progress! Ahhh, Sikret was sure that the encounter under CC should be impossible to win without help smile.gif From what I remember the exp reward is greater for that, but you might lose some additional interesting dialogues.

Who is that Duchess? Do you have a save game around that time? Can you tell us what exactly did you do?

This post has been edited by SparrowJacek: Jul 13 2024, 04:19 PM

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jul 13 2024, 04:46 PM
Post #68

Forum Member

Great progress! Ahhh, Sikret was sure that the encounter under CC should be impossible to win without help smile.gif From what I remember the exp reward is greater for that, but you might lose some additional interesting dialogues.
Hmh. It wasn't difficult at all with our setup.

Who is that Duchess? Do you have a save game around that time? Can you tell us what exactly did you do?

SPOILER!

The duchess that triggers the fight at the government district. So we did not talk to Tolgerias before, when the cowled wizards ask for a chat we didn't do it. When we get telported to the council of six building it triggers the dialogue that it should and after it's done it also triggers Tolgerias's dialogue, which then messes up the game completely.

(edit: no, apparently I don't ahve a save....)

This post has been edited by pekkae: Jul 13 2024, 04:47 PM

Quote Post
bulian
post Jul 13 2024, 04:57 PM
Post #69

Forum Member

SPOILER!
In either case, the rewards (and IMO encounter) are better if you get help for that particular encounter.

This post has been edited by bulian: Jul 13 2024, 04:58 PM

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jul 13 2024, 06:19 PM
Post #70

Forum Member

SPOILER!
In either case, the rewards (and IMO encounter) are better if you get help for that particular encounter.

Alright. That's a bit of a shame.

Hmh. Did I miss out on anything noticeable? (like super-items or something like that...)

This post has been edited by pekkae: Jul 13 2024, 06:20 PM

Quote Post
bulian
post Jul 13 2024, 06:59 PM
Post #71

Forum Member

XP is maybe slightly higher with help (+/- 20k per person depending on how much "help" you get). But gold/crafting rewards (e.g. amber parts) are equivalent between the two versions. It's been a while and I didn't take notes on that part, plus there may have been some fine tuning after I did it.

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jul 13 2024, 09:40 PM
Post #72

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

When you install too many tweaks and give yourself access to all stronghold quests of all classes, you gain too much XP and probably extra gold and items and you can win any fight. A normal party has very low chance to win the fight against Andrias Amberville without help.

As for Tolgerias he should not be there in the building at that stage of the game. We have tested this many times. I don't know how he was there in your game even after you killed him in planar sphere. Some unsupported installation or combination of mods?

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jul 14 2024, 01:05 AM
Post #73

Forum Member

QUOTE(Sikret @ Jul 13 2024, 09:40 PM) *
When you install too many tweaks and give yourself access to all stronghold quests of all classes, you gain too much XP and probably extra gold and items and you can win any fight. A normal party has very low chance to win the fight against Andrias Amberville without help.

As for Tolgerias he should not be there in the building at that stage of the game. We have tested this many times. I don't know how he was there in your game even after you killed him in planar sphere. Some unsupported installation or combination of mods?

Hmh. I wasn't aware I had many tweaks. I think multiple strongholds is IA standard, but am I mistaken? Isn't Lord Roenall an actual location for the Sentinel for example? (it's a crucial item).

The only extra thing I did have is ToD, but missing out on Sibel's village quest - xp evens most of that, so that doesn't throw the game off-balance (and apparently we could have gotten better rewards with the help biggrin.gif!, so all in all we should be about even). Oh and we of course did do the extended mage stronghold quests, so I guess there are those. Haven't counted the XP gained from those, but I'm guessing it's in the vicinity of 100-200k per character. I think I saw a calculation somewhere, but I have no idea where. It doesn't really look like it's a decisive factor there.

I think the decisive factor there is that we a little bit by accident stumbled upon an extremely efficient party composition, that is really well equipped to handle the new challenges. And with my standard style of a play-through, we also maximize the potential as far as possible.

For the bug> Yup, Tolgerias isn't there in that stage of the game. I consoleed myself in just before the duchess activates, and he isn't there. He is only there for the Duchess quest.

So I have:

- Bf2EE 2.6.6.0
- IA 7.0
- IATweaks (simplified economy etc.)
- ToD

Edit: Oh and I also have been keeping notes on every single change/tweak I do and I will of course post then at the end of the journal. Once I get to it.

This post has been edited by pekkae: Jul 14 2024, 01:35 AM

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jul 14 2024, 02:58 AM
Post #74

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

I think multiple strongholds is IA standard, but am I mistaken?
I meant the extended ones introduced by IA: Shimmering light, Good bad ugly, Marvella...

For the bug> Yup, Tolgerias isn't there in that stage of the game. I consoleed myself in just before the duchess activates, and he isn't there. He is only there for the Duchess quest.

I don't understand this bug. I have tested Sibel's quest 4 times myself, once in classic TOB and 3 times in EE and never had such a problem. Other testers never reported any such issue either.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Quote Post
critto
post Jul 14 2024, 12:07 PM
Post #75

Group Icon

Premium Member
Tactical reputation: 2

I don't understand this bug. I have tested Sibel's quest 4 times myself, once in classic TOB and 3 times in EE and never had such a problem. Other testers never reported any such issue either.

The starting conditions are different. As I understand, pekkae didn't ever initiated the quest overtly by going to Tolgerias in the beginning of the game. He just went to the sphere, eventually. I suspect that this is vanilla issue, not connected to the new quest event at all. It simply manifests itself at the unfortunate moment. The simplest way to test it is to go to the council building with the party, after the sphere quest has been finished, and see if the bug occurs.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jul 14 2024, 01:53 PM
Post #76

Forum Member

QUOTE(critto @ Jul 14 2024, 12:07 PM) *

The starting conditions are different. As I understand, pekkae didn't ever initiated the quest overtly by going to Tolgerias in the beginning of the game. He just went to the sphere, eventually. I suspect that this is vanilla issue, not connected to the new quest event at all. It simply manifests itself at the unfortunate moment. The simplest way to test it is to go to the council building with the party, after the sphere quest has been finished, and see if the bug occurs.

Yes. This is correct. I didn't meet Tolgerias until in the sphere.

I did try to see if he was in the building before the duchess quest launches, so post whacking him in the sphere, but he wasn't.

This post has been edited by pekkae: Jul 14 2024, 01:55 PM

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jul 15 2024, 05:00 PM
Post #77

Forum Member

Hey!

Can someone hint me the following:

- Can "the protector" be located in WK? It wasn't where it usually is @ sulda.
- I haven't found the robe of fire resistance yet, I'm much looking forward to that one, is that in WK? (don't really have places anywhere else left...)
- Is there more Sibel Quests in SoA (after the help-fight)

Thanks!

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Jul 15 2024, 05:28 PM
Post #78

Forum Member

Sorry, but what is that? biggrin.gif The only item with such name I see in game files is just a common amulet +1.

- I haven't found the robe of fire resistance yet, I'm much looking forward to that one, is that in WK? (don't really have places anywhere else left...)

From what I see, it's a static loot and it's indeed deeper in WK, though I'm a bit surprised that it's not available earlier.

- Is there more Sibel Quests in SoA (after the help-fight)

No, the finale will be available in ToB.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jul 15 2024, 06:14 PM
Post #79

Forum Member

QUOTE(SparrowJacek @ Jul 15 2024, 05:28 PM) *
Sorry, but what is that? biggrin.gif The only item with such name I see in game files is just a common amulet +1.

Thanks, allright!

Ahem, my mistake. Meant of course the gift of peace so the helm of defence. The helm that is needed for forging another helm (Reinforced HoB).

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Jul 15 2024, 06:24 PM
Post #80

Forum Member

Ahem, my mistake. Meant of course the gift of peace so the helm of defence. The helm that is needed for forging another helm (Reinforced HoB).

This item is randomised over a few areas, if you still haven't found it then... it's most probably deeper in WK biggrin.gif I see that you had some bad luck with randomisation, but at least you have Vecna!

This post has been edited by SparrowJacek: Jul 15 2024, 06:25 PM

Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2024 - 04:34 PM