Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Improved Anvil 6.6 BETA
SparrowJacek
post Dec 2 2023, 04:26 PM
Post #61

Forum Member

Hmm, the spell should regenerate your health 1second after the hit. Can you reproduce the issue? Does it always fail to close your wounds? What about other sources of damage, like spells for example?
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
pekkae
post Dec 2 2023, 04:47 PM
Post #62

Forum Member

Right. My bad, didn't account for the delay.

Works as intended, though a hit from FoA counts as 1 hit (even with elemental damage) though a magic missile spell counts as several hits.

This post has been edited by pekkae: Dec 2 2023, 04:54 PM

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Dec 2 2023, 05:03 PM
Post #63

Forum Member

Well, that's how the game calculates "hits". An attack from FoA is counted as 1hit + effects applied. There is nothing we can do, but I think that the spell will be reworked in some further version of the mod anyway.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Dec 3 2023, 01:47 PM
Post #64

Forum Member

Allright.

It's a shame if the 6.6 do not make it to 7.0 though, as it has some tremendous changes smile.gif.

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Dec 4 2023, 12:54 AM
Post #65

Forum Member

Well, v6.6_BETA focused on Clerics and was mostly my work not consulted with or approved officially by critto. V7.0 will focus on Druids, as promised some time ago. When v7.0 is finished, we should have more time for other aspects of the game, like reimplementation of Cleric rebalance smile.gif

This post has been edited by SparrowJacek: Dec 4 2023, 01:07 AM

Quote Post
lroumen
post Dec 4 2023, 03:20 AM
Post #66

Forum Member

Sorry it took a bit of time. That time of the year when things get busy...

QUOTE(lroumen @ Nov 15 2023, 06:30 PM) *
I suspect that either I am unable to see the effects of false dawn or it may not affect shades and mists. From the in game text it is supposed to affect shades and undead. However, from the few times I have tried to use it I have seen no damage.
Maybe I am misinterpreting the spell?

QUOTE(SparrowJacek @ Nov 15 2023, 06:39 PM) *
Thank you for pointing that out. The spell is supposed to work on Mists and Shadows, so probably something is wrong with the implementation. Is this the case with all such creatures? Or maybe just some of them?

I have tried Mist Horrors, Vampiric Mists, Poison Mists, Devil Shades. The False Dawn spell does nothing to any of them. It only shows the animation on the caster.

This post has been edited by lroumen: Dec 4 2023, 03:20 AM

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Dec 6 2023, 12:34 AM
Post #67

Forum Member

Okay, I checked the spell.

I have tried Mist Horrors, Vampiric Mists, Poison Mists, Devil Shades. The False Dawn spell does nothing to any of them. It only shows the animation on the caster.

You're right, it only affects creatures that have Race set to Shadow or Vampire. Mists are... mists smile.gif and Devil Shade has race set to Wraith. If we agree that my idea for FD rebalance is OK, then we'll definitely fix that. In my defence, the description doesn't say anything about FD affecting Mists, though I agree that it definitely should.

Quote Post
lroumen
post Dec 6 2023, 01:36 AM
Post #68

Forum Member

I guess I misunderstood that then. I am not too familiar with all the different races in the game. I thought mists were kind of shadows and the name devil shade also suggested to me that it was a shadow.
You can leave it as it is, but perhaps add to the description which creatures are truly Shadows? There are then not many of them, at least not difficult ones?

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Dec 6 2023, 01:43 AM
Post #69

Forum Member

I guess I misunderstood that then. I am not too familiar with all the different races in the game. I thought mists were kind of shadows and the name devil shade also suggested to me that it was a shadow.
You can leave it as it is, but perhaps add to the description which creatures are truly Shadows? There are then not many of them, at least not difficult ones?

Technically I think that all creatures that come from the Plane of Shadows and most of those that tap into the Plane of Negative Energy should be damaged by the spell. And you're right, that the spell should clearly state which creatures are affected and which are not.

Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2024 - 02:59 PM