Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IAv6 for BG2EE, public beta
critto
post Jul 31 2015, 02:13 PM
Post #121

Group Icon

Premium Member
Tactical reputation: 2

OK, I'll check it out and correct if needed, thanks. Can you give me a reference to the 1/2 attack in EE?
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Azoth
post Jul 31 2015, 02:31 PM
Post #122

Forum Member

Fixed Forum Compiled List, Pt 1
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/5239/...ed-list-pt-1/p1

Fixed Forum Compiled List, Pt 2:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/3625/...ed-list-pt-2/p1

You can find "True grandmastery" in Pt 2:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/1352/...nd-mastery-0824

Quote Post
Azoth
post May 19 2016, 02:44 PM
Post #123

Forum Member

Hi critto,

thanx for releasing IAv6.2! Maybe i'll find some time to play...

Just tried to install on BG2EE v2.2 (I read the readme and I know that only v1.3 is supported, but...). Following error:

Copying & patching 2DA tables...

ERROR Installing [Improved Anvil], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 4884 files for [IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2] component
Uninstalled 4884 files for [IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2] component
ERROR: Failure("Failed to find enough lines to perform an INSERT_2DA_ROW")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.DEBUG to el.critto@gmail.com
Using Language [English]

SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.DEBUG:
Copied [weapprof.2da]to [override/weapprof.2da]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: [statdesc.2da] -> [override/statdesc.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Failed to find enough lines to perform an INSERT_2DA_ROW"))
Stopping installation because of error.

My installation:
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ]Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Encounter with Ustrain

Hmm...does anyone know where to find BG2EE 1.3 on gog.com?

This post has been edited by Azoth: May 19 2016, 03:24 PM

Quote Post
critto
post May 19 2016, 04:48 PM
Post #124

Group Icon

Premium Member

Cheers!

Hmm...does anyone know where to find BG2EE 1.3 on gog.com?

You can get in on Steam. It provides possibility to participate in beta releases, and 1.3 is available as "beta" option.

Adapting IAv6.2 for 2.x was too much work, and I wasn't satisfied with the current state of the release (it's too "beta" for my taste). I might try to push out a maintenance release that supports 2.x later on, but it'll take a while since I have already engaged into different kind of work (modernising the mod's structure).

Alternatively, you can grab a non-EE version from GOG and play IA on that version. It would miss some content from EE, but overall you'd have more stable experience (and with better pathfinding!)

Quote Post
Azoth
post May 21 2016, 08:53 AM
Post #125

Forum Member

It´s a pity that I bought BG2EE on gog.com and cannot play 1.3 anymore, but it's like it is sad.gif
Fortunately, I do have TOB and decided to play around a bit with IA 6.2.

Quote Post
critto
post May 22 2016, 06:21 AM
Post #126

Group Icon

Premium Member

Do not worry, there will be support for EE 2.x in the future so you'll get the chance to play it. Adding support, together with the druid stronghold, in the next order of business for IA development. More details about our plans we'll be posted soon (hopefully, today) in the progress report thread.

Quote Post
lroumen
post Jul 4 2016, 04:37 PM
Post #127

Forum Member

Sigh. And then steam updated my games while I told it not to and it borked the ia install. Almost finished a second run....
Is ui 2.3 supported by ia6.2 (sorry to have to ask).

Quote Post
critto
post Jul 4 2016, 06:05 PM
Post #128

Group Icon

Premium Member

> Sigh. And then steam updated my games while I told it not to and it borked the ia install. Almost finished a second run....
Don't worry. Just open up the game's options and use beta participation, it will allow you to install 1.3

Then install EoU, DbG (if you use it) and IAv6.2 in the same order of components again and resume with your saves (they shouldn't be corrupted since they are stored in a different folder).

Replying to your question, no, 6.2 does not support 2.x. We will add support in 7.0. It's already done, in fact, but not play-tested yet. And transfering save games between the game's versions is not doable anyway, they'll get all corrupted.

This post has been edited by critto: Jul 4 2016, 06:06 PM

Quote Post
lroumen
post Jul 5 2016, 06:42 AM
Post #129

Forum Member

Problem is that from 1.3 to 2.3 they changed string references so it may be they changed more things. I'll give it a shot though.

And v7 is 'close', that's great news.

Quote Post
critto
post Jul 6 2016, 01:52 PM
Post #130

Group Icon

Premium Member

[quote]Problem is that from 1.3 to 2.3 they changed string references so it may be they changed more things. I'll give it a shot though.[quote]
There are other issues that the release is not adapted for. If you give me time until weekend, I can try and prep a patch for you that allows to install the mode on 2.3 if you wait until weekend (I'm too busy until then).

Quote Post
lroumen
post Jul 6 2016, 06:47 PM
Post #131

Forum Member

Take your time. I am in no hurry. I also have a SoD run I can put my time into. smile.gif

Quote Post
Alva
post Oct 2 2016, 09:26 PM
Post #132

Forum Member

Hi,

I found a bug on the new spell acid shield on BG2EEv1.3 / IAv6.2. When both the attacker and the defender have acid shield up, it runs into a loop of acid damage until one of the character dies.
It happened to me when fighting the Beastmaster in the Copper Coronet. When my berserker druid attacked him with acid shield, the Beastmaster instantly died, leaving my char at 20 hp.
Looking at the combat logs, they hit each other with acid damage.
It seems that an acid reply from the shield can trigger an acid reply on another shield, which produces a loop of acid death.

Keep the good work, IA is a great mod.

Quote Post
critto
post Oct 3 2016, 04:12 AM
Post #133

Group Icon

Premium Member

Hi!

Thanks, we'll investigate this. It was a known problem in the past and I implement it in the usual way that'd worked in ToB and successfully prevented the damage retaliation loopback bug. I guess it showed up again. We'll do some more tests and see what happens.

Quote Post
Alva
post Oct 4 2016, 04:50 PM
Post #134

Forum Member

New discoveries on BG2EEv1.3 / IAv6.2 :
* Melf's Minute Meteors set the attacks number of my sorcerer to 5 even after all the meteors have been fired. (happens 100% since I've noticed)
Reloading the game fixes it.
* After my party sleeps, the number of spells on the quick slots of my sorcerer randomly drop to 0. It is not serious, but after each sleep some of the spells on the quick slots need to be re-fetched.
* There is an exploit on non-aggressive mages (blue circle). Breach + a fast hit with Bala's Axe (and failed save) / Probably works with other miscast effects. The mage tries indefinitely to recast the dispelled protection spells (and he is failing to do so).
Until he actually succeed to recast them, he will be non-agressive and unkillable. One can use it to fight the friends of the mage without him. It is what happened to me on the Mencar fight (Promenade tavern), and the fight was
much easier. I do not think there is lots of situations where we can use it but at least on this fight it is usable.

Im re-playing IA from 0 on BG2EE (I never finished it actually), so i will continue to report strange things tongue.gif.

This post has been edited by Alva: Oct 4 2016, 04:53 PM

Quote Post
critto
post Oct 4 2016, 05:05 PM
Post #135

Group Icon

Premium Member

> * Melf's Minute Meteors set the attacks number of my sorcerer to 5 even after all the meteors have been fired. (happens 100% since I've noticed)
Well, this is a new one. I'll investigate that, thanks.

> * After my party sleeps, the number of spells on the quick slots of my sorcerer randomly drop to 0. It is not serious, but after each sleep some of the spells on the quick slots need to be re-fetched.
This, however isn't new. It's an engine bug, I've mentioned it in the readme. I am not sure if they fixed they in 2.x, probably did. Wait for the new release which will be compatible with 2.x smile.gif

> * There is an exploit on non-aggressive mages (blue circle). Breach + a fast hit with Bala's Axe (and failed save) / Probably works with other miscast effects. The mage tries indefinitely to recast the dispelled protection spells (and he is failing to do so).
I'll add that to the todo list but fixing exploits such as this one is no longer a priority for the mod. This is something that I'd call a questionable tactic, one that doesn't make sense if you are looking for a challenge. Unless there's a quick and reliable fix, I'll add to the "be your own policeman" section of the readme for the new players.

Quote Post
Alva
post Oct 4 2016, 07:28 PM
Post #136

Forum Member

Let me know if you confirm any bugs that I found on spells. I found others, it seems weird to have so much bugs.
Maybe something went wrong with my install, I have done several reinstall to have the right BG version with the right mods options.
Anyway:

* The haste spell does not add 1 attack if the character have x.5 attack number. Instead it add 0.5.
* - Edited, not a bug

This post has been edited by Alva: Oct 4 2016, 07:32 PM

Quote Post
nicoper
post Oct 4 2016, 08:23 PM
Post #137

little Bounaï
Group Icon

Gold Member

QUOTE(critto @ Oct 4 2016, 05:05 PM) *
> * Melf's Minute Meteors set the attacks number of my sorcerer to 5 even after all the meteors have been fired. (happens 100% since I've noticed)
Well, this is a new one. I'll investigate that, thanks.

In EE 2.3, it does not appear to be the case (did some tests with mage and sorcerer, all is correct)

QUOTE(critto @ Oct 4 2016, 05:05 PM) *
> * After my party sleeps, the number of spells on the quick slots of my sorcerer randomly drop to 0. It is not serious, but after each sleep some of the spells on the quick slots need to be re-fetched.
This, however isn't new. It's an engine bug, I've mentioned it in the readme. I am not sure if they fixed they in 2.x, probably did. Wait for the new release which will be compatible with 2.x smile.gif

It is fixed in 2.3

Quote Post
Silverstar
post Dec 16 2016, 04:41 PM
Post #138

Forum Member

Melf's minute meteors has a known bug in ee 1.3
Infact, any weapon that sets attacks to more than one is buggy. Equip a single dart. Throw it. Your character will switch to his melee weapon and will have 3 attacks/round with it. No way to fix except a save/reload.
I have tried fixing MMM by omitting the 'while equipped' attack bonus and giving it with the spell with a fixed duration.
This bug also applies to energy blades too, your mage can have 9 attacks/round with his staff after depleting blades.
Fixed in 2.0 and up.

Quote Post
Azoth
post Jul 5 2018, 05:18 PM
Post #139

Forum Member

Playing IA6.3 on BG2EE2.5:
Minsc has 1xBerserk Rage and 2xBarbarian Rage. Is it supposed to be like that or did i mess up something on my side?

Weidu.log:
CODE
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal): v4.0.1
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian: v4.0.1
~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Encounter with Ustrain: v4.0.1
~SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS/SETUP-SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Skip Chateau Irenicus: 3.0
~SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS/SETUP-SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Deal with skipped NPCs -> Vanilla NPCs only: 3.0
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #160 // Make Magic Shields Glow (plainab/grogerson): v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Unique Icons: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #181 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons only: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1101 // Do Not Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash): v4
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil: v6.3
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #1 // NPCs will not complain about reputation and leave: v6.3
~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #2 // Identify all items: v6.3
~SETUP-THEFOUR.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Four
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Portraits Portraits Everywhere (PPE) - core component: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #100 // Category Portraits (Recommended) -> Sequenced: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #10 // Isandir's CHARNAME Portraits: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Replace Low Quality TOB & SOA Portraits: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Edwin/Edwina: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Ust Natha Drow NPCs: 1.01
~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #35 // Vampire NPCs: 1.01
~LEUI-SOD/LEUI-SOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (SoD skin) - Core component: 3.4
~LEUI-SOD/LEUI-SOD.TP2~ #0 #6 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (SoD skin) - Show Sidebar toggle button: 3.4
~LEUI-SOD/LEUI-SOD.TP2~ #0 #9 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (SoD skin) - Small right sidebar buttons: 3.4
~LEUI-SOD/LEUI-SOD.TP2~ #0 #10 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (SoD skin) - Quests in journal collapsed by default: 3.4
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Faydark's Abilities Auto-Roller/GrimLefourbe's BG2 UI: 2.9
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Transparent Sidebars: 2.9
// Recently Uninstalled: ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Hidden Gameplay Options -> Selected options: 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Hidden Gameplay Options -> Selected options: 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Add in-game option "Enable Debug Mode": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Add in-game option "Enable UI Edit Mode": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #12 // Add in-game option "Show Strrefs": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #13 // Add in-game option "Hotkeys On Tooltips": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #14 // Add in-game option "Show trigger icons on tab": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #16 // Add in-game option "Limit druidic spells for Cleric/Ranger": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #17 // Add in-game option "3E Sneak Attack": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #18 // Add in-game option "Critical Hit Screen Shake": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #19 // Add in-game option "Show extra combat info": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Add in-game option "Show Game Date and Time on Pause": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #22 // Add in-game option "Reverse Mouse Wheel Zoom": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #23 // Add in-game option "Pause Game on Map Screen": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #24 // Add in-game option "Enable Fog": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #25 // Add in-game option "Disable Movies": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #27 // Add in-game option "XP Bonus in Nightmare Mode": 2.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #32 // Add in-game option "Show Area of Effect Range": 2.0

This post has been edited by Azoth: Jul 5 2018, 05:20 PM

Quote Post
Azoth
post Jul 6 2018, 06:22 AM
Post #140

Forum Member

QUOTE(Azoth @ Jul 5 2018, 05:18 PM) *
Playing IA6.3 on BG2EE2.5:
Minsc has 1xBerserk Rage and 2xBarbarian Rage. Is it supposed to be like that or did i mess up something on my side?

Same behaviour with IA6.2 in vanilla BG2. So, i guess it should be like that.

Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2024 - 08:24 PM