Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Improved Anvil 6.6 BETA
Badgerlad
post Dec 18 2022, 01:27 PM
Post #21

Forum Member

Any tips on the location of the SPOILER!
Rust Dragon
?
Or will I just meet him in time if I clear the game as usually done ?

Another question regarding HLAs and Dracolich improved version. Shaman got his HLAs very early (around 2,9 millions XP, not the usual 3,5 millions or so for other characters). Is Improved version of the dracolich linked to level or XP ? If XP, how much procs the improved version ?
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Dec 18 2022, 07:07 PM
Post #22

Forum Member

Any tips on the location of the SPOILER!
I am not sure, but most probably that's only v7 content, so it's not present in v6.6_BETA

Another question regarding HLAs and Dracolich improved version. Shaman got his HLAs very early (around 2,9 millions XP, not the usual 3,5 millions or so for other characters). Is Improved version of the dracolich linked to level or XP ? If XP, how much procs the improved version ?

Hmm, Shaman having HLAs before others is most probably an oversight from our side, this will be changed. As for Dracolish, nothing's been changed, the fight gets harder after PC reaches
SPOILER!
3 400 000 points of exp, no level/HLA checks are made.

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Dec 18 2022, 07:35 PM
Post #23

Forum Member

I don't want to make new releases for the mod with each small change, so for now please download the newest version directly from my Github repository:
https://github.com/SparrowJacek/ImprovedAnvil/tree/v7_beta_changes

You can download zip with all the changes by clicking "<> Code" button and then "Download ZIP"

Current version has the following changes:
- minor typos fixed
- GR does not work on whole party any more (found thanks to tongtian)
- undispellable improved spells from Cleric kits can still be dispelled in some cases (found thanks to pekkae)

This post has been edited by SparrowJacek: Dec 18 2022, 07:38 PM

Quote Post
critto
post Dec 19 2022, 06:33 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

Premium Member
Tactical reputation: 2

I am not sure, but most probably that's only v7 content, so it's not present in v6.6_BETA

Correct.

Quote Post
kilorew
post Jan 9 2023, 03:55 PM
Post #25

Forum Member

Making my way through the run enjoying IA as much as I ever did, thanks for the updates to it.

Shaman is super strong early to mid game, especially I think when paired with a Dwarfen Defender those two dominated early and even into the underdark. As I have hit the HLA stage of the game At least for me he seems to be falling off a little as heals from Recast vital energy paired with Hardiness and Damage reduction in general have have taken over. Mending heals still play a role but certainly not as much as before but I think the Demogorgon and JD fight he'll be vital and have to be attached at the hip to the DD.

Clerics definitely buffed I like a lot of the changes in a few niche fights against undead/demons. I just think there are clearly better H2H options and Arcane magic covers all bases better than a Cleric ever could It has the best buff spell imo (Improved haste) and also the best heals (RvE) and best debuffs.

Should Clerics have the RvE equivalent spell? I can't help but feel that would even out the classes and bring more balance just my opinion.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jan 23 2023, 06:25 PM
Post #26

Forum Member

Hey!

Is the "improvised blend" omitted from the game?

Thanks!

(edit: found it, can't forge it though with Cespenar even if I have all of the stuffs in my inventory)

This post has been edited by pekkae: Jan 23 2023, 08:08 PM

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Jan 23 2023, 09:36 PM
Post #27

Forum Member

I remember forging it like 6-7 years ago, when playing with a swashbuckler. I don't think that there were any changes done to this script from that moment. Currently the conditions for creating it are as follows:

Global("Iasw18forged","GLOBAL",0)
Global("Ialongfforged","GLOBAL",1)
Dead("S!spideq") // Spider Queen
PartyHasItem("S!sw17") // Long Sword +4
PartyHasItem("S!sw15") // Cutthroat +5
PartyHasItem("S!misc06") // Manual of Elaboration
PartyGoldGT(79999)

Hahh, it seems that you need to have that Long Sword +4 forged, the one from Demogorgon fight won't work on its own. In general those conditions are strange, since only Cespy can forge it, then why is there a check if Sider Queen is dead? biggrin.gif This will need to be fixed, but for now you can just use command line to set Ialongfforged to 1...

Quote Post
lroumen
post Jan 23 2023, 11:45 PM
Post #28

Forum Member

I would like to make a note that the npc modification of IA tweaks assumes that you have no other kit mods installed prior to IA.
I do have that currently, so I had to decode the hard defined entries into those found in kits.ids.
There is a way to regexp the correct entries in kits.ids but I expect bulian did not think of that.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jan 24 2023, 07:19 AM
Post #29

Forum Member

QUOTE(SparrowJacek @ Jan 23 2023, 09:36 PM) *
I remember forging it like 6-7 years ago, when playing with a swashbuckler. I don't think that there were any changes done to this script from that moment. Currently the conditions for creating it are as follows:

Global("Iasw18forged","GLOBAL",0)
Global("Ialongfforged","GLOBAL",1)
Dead("S!spideq") // Spider Queen
PartyHasItem("S!sw17") // Long Sword +4
PartyHasItem("S!sw15") // Cutthroat +5
PartyHasItem("S!misc06") // Manual of Elaboration
PartyGoldGT(79999)

Hahh, it seems that you need to have that Long Sword +4 forged, the one from Demogorgon fight won't work on its own. In general those conditions are strange, since only Cespy can forge it, then why is there a check if Sider Queen is dead? biggrin.gif This will need to be fixed, but for now you can just use command line to set Ialongfforged to 1...

Haha. Okay, that explains it. I added it via console and dropped the equipment & monies required to forge it.

IIRC there's also a twist with the long sword +4, as there are 2-3 types of long swords +3 in the game and you need to have exactly the right ones. And I never remember which one you are supposed to have.

Quote Post
lroumen
post Jan 28 2023, 07:27 AM
Post #30

Forum Member

Is the shaman supposed to get protection from cold for free at spell level 3?

This post has been edited by lroumen: Jan 28 2023, 07:28 AM

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jan 28 2023, 10:00 PM
Post #31

Forum Member

Yes, I think so.

Quote Post
Hideous the W...
post May 31 2023, 09:01 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Premium Member

Hello again!

I'm having an issue with the latest version. None of the strongholds are working - the characters that initiate them are not spawning. If I CLUA'd the characters in would that work? Or possibly use the ease of use version of enable all strongholds? I'm about done with chapter 3 and have not had any reloads yet - so I would prefer to not start a new game.

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post May 31 2023, 09:16 PM
Post #33

Forum Member

Hello Hideous the Wu Jen!

I am not sure that IA has its own component for multiple strongholds. At least in v6.5 readme EoU Multiple Strongholds component is listed as a recommended part of the installation, (http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/Mods/Readme/ia/installation.html) so it might still be needed. Firstly you should try to install that component and if it won't work, you might try to CLUA these characters. It you still don't see the results, then maybe setting some variables using the console will do the trick.

Quote Post
critto
post May 31 2023, 11:38 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Premium Member
Tactical reputation: 2

Yes, the component is most certainly needed for multiple strongholds to function. IA does not have any intrinsic functionality for that.

Quote Post
Hideous the W...
post Jun 2 2023, 07:03 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

Premium Member

What's weird is that I have a Necro PC and the Teos Planar Sphere stronghold quest doesn't even start. huh.gif

Installing Ease of Use strongholds (which I meant to do, but forgot) and then CLUAing in Teos worked.

Loving the mod as usual! Thanks!

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Jun 2 2023, 07:10 PM
Post #36

Forum Member

We're glad you still like it! Btw what party composition are you using?

Quote Post
Hideous the W...
post Jun 2 2023, 07:56 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Premium Member

QUOTE(SparrowJacek @ Jun 2 2023, 02:10 PM) *
We're glad you still like it! Btw what party composition are you using?

Necro
Cernd
Priest of Lathander 11 > Fighter
Berserker 9 > Mage
Swashbuckler 9 > Fighter
Riskbreaker

Lots of duals! LOL

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Jun 2 2023, 09:06 PM
Post #38

Forum Member

That's a pretty powerful team! And PoL=>F seems like a very good choice, definitely the best kit to dual into a Fighter, good luck!

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 6 2023, 05:24 AM
Post #39

Forum Member

Yup. The PoL->Fighter seems like a great combination.

But the Swashbuckler (= Hexxat) in my book is quite a lot more deadly than the version dualled to a fighter. She's so effective it's nuts. thumb.gif

Quote Post
lroumen
post Jul 9 2023, 11:55 PM
Post #40

Forum Member

I finally had some time to play around with the new spells and abilities.

My main character is a half orc shaman imported from bg1. I must say, the mending spells are a complete revelation. At first I had my scepticism, but I use them a lot. So much so that I am also sad that my shaman cannot go head to head as much since bg1. On the other hand, I have taken the harm spell and it is very nice if you get the damage in. The other hand spells (cause medium/serieus wounds spells seemed a little too low on damage considering the time investment (cast then hit could have been 2 hits instead with slightly lower damage giving still a higher sum than the spells). I would see the damage for them increased. The shaman is now a good healer to replace Cernd. Level 2 is still on the weak side and at the moment I cannot recall what I use from level 3.

Clerics are now a nice versatile addition to the party. They need some buffing, but so do all non-warriors early on (like hexxat, jaheira, haer'dalis). I really like the change to defensieve harmony and heavenly shield is a interesting concept. I prefer it over dual wielding.
Overall, I like the changes. Some I am still not sure about.
False dawn is meh...
Spare the dying I do not fully understand why only 1 hit and not just a full round.
Protective chant... I don't know when to use it. I am just horrible with the timing. For sure I cannot beat contingency-adhw. It feels so often like a waste.

I am having a lot of fun with divine casters. Thanks so much!

This post has been edited by lroumen: Jul 10 2023, 12:05 AM

Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2024 - 03:23 AM