Reply to this topicStart new topic
> V7 run (after years not playing IA)
nicoper
post Jun 18 2024, 01:54 AM
Post #1

little Bounaï
Group Icon

Gold Member

After years without playing, I could not resist V7 (hey, waiting since 2008 for it)
Thanks for the development team who achieved this! thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif

Team Shaman protag + half orc Kensai + RB, my plan for the long run is to add Imoen/Neera as sorceresses and Sibel the new NPC

Lab
Jaheira, Minsc and Imoen added
Meet new V7 enemies (nice add-on, difficulty even as it was)
Exit lab
Join Sibel, dual her to cleric on the spot
Switch minsc for Nalia (as a pure mage)

Govt district to pick quests
During Hareischan ambush, good use of +3 weapon created by shaman
Jan/Viconia/Delon/Tolgerias to start quests

D'Arnise keep
Outside areas and ground floor

Trademeet
Meet rassad, kill wild animals

Druid grove
Bumped my head finding a way to kill Faldorn with shaman (disastrous attmept trying to shapeshift, dance, …), spirit fire each round did it easy (4 shots of it, Faldorn standing no more)
After a sleep in grove to collect next quest, tough encounter with werewolves for a new (v7) quest, so it seems.

Trademmet collect reward, buy staff+3

City
Suna seni
Start many quest but don't finish them because I wait for Sibel dual class activation to remove traps and lockpicking
Fallen paladin completed
Pay Gaelan, meet Aran
Mook
Baron ployer
Hexxat first quest (dismiss Nalia, keep hexxat for lockpicking needs)
Start Maevar
Montaron and xzar
Talk to kangaxx
Finish tanner
slaver ambush
Back to keep to lockpick a bit
help tiris
Do Rassad first quest

Pick Nalia back and go to shade grove
Shadow jailor executed
First ambush easy (2 bone 1 skel lord, 2 skel warrior and 1 mummy) because party level 9-11 (Sibel 9/9 warriors 10 and other casters 11)
Second bunch same (one less bone)
Open way to dragon and shade lord

City, free slaves in CC
Ambushed by night by 3 vampires
Forge yeti cloack and gloves in promenade
Bring necklace to Maevar
Parisa ambush, finally Sibel levels to 10 and activates dual-class!
Finish Maevar and refuse guild
Lilarcor

Exit city, Rasaad temple (without rasaad in party)

Back to city
Free haerdalis (give mirror to Mekrath) and open planar prison
Temple sewer to resume unseeing eye quest
On the way kill spiders guarding Hammer, good use of shaman (spiritual Clarity and entropy shield)
Party reaches 800kxp
Finish cult, start cleric stronghold, get and finish illithium quest (for ring as a reward)

Exit city, Finish keep level 2, open gates, forge FoA +3
Collect weapons from golems and creatures
Kill Torgal and accept keep, protag just 472 xp above the Million
During Torgal fight Shaman helped a lot: entropy shield (crushing), Mend body and mend group

Back to city
Finish slavers in slum district, collect reward from Henda
Another vampire ambush (Tanova)
Contact in docks killed for Aran
Crypt queen and king
Catacombs, spiders, spiders, spiders, undeads, Païna, deeper, stop before last room (for book of kaza quest)
Forge Morning star +3, cloak +2, paws of the furious cat, yeti cloak
Jaheira leaves (harper quest), hire korgan and do book ok kaza quest
join Jaheira, harper fight indoor then outdoor
Try Shadow dragon got blasted

Windspear
Undeads and rhuk
Golem ambush coin/gem/clay/bone (protag 1.19 Mxp)
horrible time with greater werewolve and dread wolves
Exit Windspear

WK, intend was to sell, Sibel ancestor village discovery, very nice
Forge nice items for sibel, SPOILER!
gloves are waiting somewhere (asked for a city place)

Did not fully grasp "leather"/"local coins" quest with merchants, have some local coins left on exit, Don't know if any further use of them
hard fight on exit from zone SPOILER!
golems

Some stronghold quests
Kill a lich for bones and scroll of spellstrike for shadow dragon
Nalia is abducted tehn freed
Finish shadow dragon (hard) and shade lord (easy, no reload), start ranger stronghold

Shaman and Sibel shine (means I am Learning how to use them efficiently)
This party has a new composition for me, low arcane (Nalia), Shaman protag, Jaheira, Sibel, Kensaï and RB
So far so good (Jaheira is for me top one of NPC pick for an IA run, have the feeling Sibel might claim the position, will see)

Some more strongholds
Talk to uncle squirrel
Mencar (Had to wait for Amon to exhaust his mantle scroll supply)
Forge shadow dragon armor, essence of chaos (for shaman)
Get bag of holding from pirates
Sewer party, wanted RRoR scrolls, wasted 2 and got none
Recover ring for temple and finish cleric stronghold

On my way to phosphorous
Planar Prison, never so easy, even if not enough RRoR scrolls so that I had to spend a long time with EBH to be able to peel warden later on
Buy potions and forge THE mace

Exit city, Delon calls for help with Umar
Kill witch and imp, no reload, simple plan:
- First kill wandering skeletons/demon/wraith… to prevent traffic jam
- Rest then buff (important to have prot from cold), my 2 IH go to Sibel and Kensaï, RB has his own IH, no potion (meant to be a first try, if failure would have add potions)
- Protag alone comes from North West corridor to trigger dialogue, have some Umar summons follow him (A lord and a minotaur in the end) and most important be the target of Umar remove magic
- rest of party and summons rush throuh East entrance, split to focus on imp , planetar and other enemy summons
- Nalia uses RRoR scrolls (3) to peel Umar then Breach*2
Overall planetar, 4 lords, 2 minotaurs and 2 spiders summoned by duo

Back to Windspear
spiders
Golem bunch number 2 (Coin/gem/bone/clay)
Undead ambush
Strat collecting mask pieces
Sibel levels to 14 (3 7th lvl cleric spells!)
open way to king strohm tomb
Free Garren child
Shaman level 14 (choose Creeping Doom)
Exit and start Paladin stronghold

Squirrel quest pre-spellhold over (did not get a barbarian essence as reward, though I was sure there was one, maybe a V7 change..)
finish paladin stronghold (apart sword)

In the mood to try some spicy fights:

Samia and party (1 reload because Kaol script has changed in V7)
Devised a very new for me and simple plan based on movement (do not spoil, no cheat no exploit of course)
Exiting dungeon Sibel receives a letter and an amulet

Founder of trademeet, easy (RB and creeping doom), staff of Rynn!
Forge circlet of golden flowers and Water's edge +4

Screaming statues
1st down and ten: just RB and Kensai Under NPP + Sibel with amulet of power, minor summons
2nd down and ten: same with anaconda and clerical buffs
3rd down and ten: IH*3 used (Sibel/RB/Kensai) + Clan hunter Under SoA + buffs, open with sunray from Sibel and CD from shaman, it was the fastest down of the 3

Thought I would add teshal to the list, he did died in my attempt, but skeletons wiped my party, will be back later

Back to grove to rest, new V7 encounter in trademeet (do not spoil), looked like endless waves, satisfied no reload and +4 staff as loot

Before sphere, need more IH, so recruit Neera (doing all her quest) instead of Nalia
Forge 3 rings +2, cloak +2, ring +3
Finish gong quest

Sphere

Will have to cheat a bit (reduce my xp and party accordingly) because spellhold cap is broken (Unexpected xp for Sibel quests I presume)
Forge boots of haste, rings +2 and go
Jaheira left behind, after pondering it, do not think party will be viable without 2 mages, chose Imoen and Neera because Nalia ring is available much later in the game and I need high level slots a plenty

Spellhold
Dradell met (new druid quest)
Just one amber in Crystal, is it V7 tuning?
Mithril an ordeal as usual, not very fun without swanmways or clan hunters, a matter of rabbits properly populating area and drinking oils of resurgence
Irenicus last stand no problem
V7 turn of events sounds nice and appealing
Ambers I found missing in Crystal have another Sibel-duty so it seems
Exit isle a new V7 druidquest way

Sahaugin city Nothing specific
Shaman gets mending ability (maybe got it earlier, did not have to use it)

Underdark
Decide a new (for me) course of action
illithid at entry
Two Kuo toa bunches
Straight into beholder cavern
Kill all beholders
Deeper than underdark
Could not believe it, no reload no danger, just one pfld scroll and one potion of magic shielding used on RB, RB and summons did it (btw troll from MS VI Under regen and IH is quite nice here)
Dungeon next door (illithid)
No problem with big brain and elemental golem (1 gem 4 brains)
West drow ambush
Free prisonners from contraption
Buy expensive Freedom scroll and free wizard, strat his quest
Enter west dungeon
Straight for demons, no casualty
start Killing kuo-toas
finish dungeon
Dwarf village
mages get HLA (Shaman has 2 already)
help then kill mage
East drow ambush, toned down (a lot), no spiders…
Enter drow city
1st quest
2nd quest
3rd quest
Member of house Despana
Sibel gets HLA nice new ones in V7!
New nice and quite tough V7 fight against demon after ritual

Somme feedbacks so far (exit underdark, protag level 19 with 3.9 Mxp)

*General play
I used to rely on heavy magic, with Necro protag, Nalia with just one IH was enough for pre-spellhold main part
Pre-spellhold, Jaheira (with noticeable help from clan hunter) is by far the most powerful NPC to pick, she is also great late game btw
Chapter 1 to 3, Jaheira and clan hunter tank, RB/Kensaï and Sibel slice, Nothing resists (apart shadow dragon)
Later, Shaman maintains warrior health, mages summon and cast spell from behind

Fights where I reloaded or gave up and comments:
- Faldorn, Discovery of Shaman against her
- first werewolves encounter (werewolves have been V7 buffed or I am growing too old)
- Shadow dragon because arrogant and wanted to take it early, with Sibel casting GR, walk in the park
- Samia (Kaol script changed in V7)
- Teshal: arrogance and too few IH too few +4 blunt weapons when I did the attempt
- Mithril golem (no comment)
- Demon in drow ritual (party has to be prepared, dilletantism means death)
- SPOILER!
werewolves in island

*Sibel
A real battle cleric, use her as a warrior with capacity to help with buff and at some point to cast GR for emergency
Her quest is nice, do not know if I missed Something, will see if replay (or spoilers)
Nice items
Balanced, she is very powerful but also very frail
Her quests give quite good xp (have some chapter 1-3 quests left I Always completed before, as well as tough fights I could do in V6 without being above spellhold cap)

*Shaman
A great many new and very usefull spells (on top of usual divine spells)
early game: spirit fire and spirit weapon
mid run and later: Spirit Clarity, entropy shield, recall spirit
Late chapter 3 and after: Primal ward, impervious sanctity of mind, all the mends (heal/regen/mass cure), storm shell (life changer against amber golems)
Since my party has 3 impressive damage dealers (RB/Kensaï/Sibel) but also very fragile ones, I mostly use shaman as support to Heal/mend and remove disabling effects
I only used spirit summons in the beginning, later I need Shaman ready to heal
Shaman can be offensive with spells (creeping doom is incredibly powerful) and can fight decently with weapons
Waiting eagerly to face some enemies that will make some new HLAs and spells appropriate (spirit form, favored of the spirits)

UPDATE 1

Exit underdark
Drizzt and Sibel Messenger met
Small teeth pass
Forest of Tethyr to meet Kruin
North forest
Druid grove (quest meeting)
Small teeth pass to save a druid from wolves, good helper there, couple of rounds to prepare, no big problem
New area with a tremendous fight waiting
SPOILER!
Bumped my head before I realized all waves did not have to be killed (only boss appearing after a while)

For those who played IA, reminded me a lot of my first times against dracolich, Yaga Sura or old one and their countless reloads
Still I Don't know how to deal efficiently whith Lycanthrops

Windspear
Windmaster
Firkraag
SPOILER!
Find what I was looking for deep in the dungeon
(druid quest)
Will wait before druid quest next step (afraid of next encounter which will likely be more difficult than previous one)

City
Stronghold quests (sphere/theater)
Finish squirrel quest
Send solamnic Knights home
Kill teshal
Clear illithid hideout

Spending some of my 700 000+ gp
Forge wave, poseidon's wrath, indigo ioun stone, greater robe of invocation, ring of djinni summoning, crom faer, ring +3, 2 rings +2, cat figurine and supreme shelter

Time to tackle Bodhi
SPOILER!
Find Howard glove (forged at the time in Sybil village) in Bodhi coffin

SPOILER!
then a very nice V7 new fight, do not spoil too much, let's say at first I thought there was some bug, but since I know the testing team, I knew such a bug would not have been missed, so I had to find (and found) out the design of it so the way to win. Great job guys!!!

Finish theater stronghold (keep it)

Go to sphere to tackle ancient priest

Meet a leather golem on exit (Sibel quest), quite rare in IA that meeting a golem just consist of mundane speech
Meeting a much less polite golem after the talk in copper coronet. Said previously I had to test Shaman as a fighter, here I had to, result is Shaman is quite strong and very adapted to this new V7 enemy: greater amber golem

Other Sibel meeting Under Copper coronet
New great ambush, which at first looks impossible to tackle, just spoil that you start debuffed and surrounded by "biting" enemies

What to do next apart forging with lady Elowen: Boots of the riskbreaker lord, glimmering amber amulet, chunk of reinforced amber, fruitful attempt

Forgot to go to guarded compound and its 3 targets (slavers, ancient lich and greater elemental)
Veni vidi vici and then forging pendant of recovered light, symbol of wisdom and golem slayer
Get lady Vania first quest

Many meetings:
Keep Messenger (flood)
A duchess? (not 100% sure) requiring help, linked to Sibel, SPOILER!
leading to clean governement district from some kind of horde
Painfull and dull duty, to spoil a bit and help future cleaners remember supreme leader fight and what to do with the helpers
Meet a Strange merchant and leather golem again, not in a hurry to follow quest, have my fill of amber creatures from now

To change a bit landscape go to clean troll mound

Perform Vania duty and collect reward

Back to underdark to collect magical pull and kill Ancient golem
Get ruby of the gods
Finish keep stronghold (Roenall fight) ans sphere
Merella quests (furnace/casket/cold), will talk to her later
Back to troll mound for Ancient mage

Forge Talisman of greater protection, cutthroat+5, talisman of greater shielding

Give bones and kill demilich
Kill grave in gate district
Meet Orcus

update 2

Forge hesperus (one good point for not having a necroprotag is to be able to forge this very nice weapons, only happened to me once with a riskbreaker protagonist)

Twisted rune
Looks like it is a bit improved (Vaxall and Shangalar) in V7

WK levels 1 and 2
Forge FoA +4, girdle of lordly might and golden spider
WK 3,
WK4, clear north and west zones

Finish Merella, meeting Pasha (thanks to IA tweaks) during a nice fight
Nothing left in the city apart a Sibel encounter I am not eager to meet too soon.
Forgot to say before I did not succeed to forge robe of the apprenti, so limak won't show (alas)

Forge 3 chunks of amber, Hammer +3, amulet of Styx, riskbreaker dream, girdle of majestic might and ring +2. Stop forging because no more money left

Some global feedback:
Shaman and Sibel are really good fighters, they can hit very hard
Shaman Healing is quite efficient during fight (and before, a buff with regen is never a bad idea)
I quite enjoy this party, no need for long buffing sequences (IH/regen are enough for most cases, archdeva and smilodon as unique summons)
Mage debuff and sometimes send summons
Cleric and Shaman HLAs and new spells very usefull, a lot of nice combos to experiment there
for example: against amber or greater amber golem, shaman Under spirit shift/storm shell/regen with paws of the furious cat can solo without trouble

Elven city, open way to tree of life
Shaman used as fighter against greater elemental in harpist house btw wink.gif

Forge black onyx amulet and ring +2 and go for Sibel encounter
Tough wonderful fight, think I will not run without Sibel anymore in IA thumb.gif

A bit of spoil
SPOILER!

First some erosion by rats and lesser golems while you have to reach and kill a pool
Spoiler there: entering by the back door does not work anymore (hey, it is IA)
Do buff and summon before pool dies (1 or 2 rounds at maw until final standoff
Close quarter with many liches, skeleton grandlords and greater amber golem
An ally that should not turned
Avoid by all costs (meaning comet for example) a dispel magic from liches
using ring of the ram and comets to propel some (as much as you can) liches far away while you deal with golems and grandlords is a good idea

Final? druid quest fight
Another grand fight
SPOILER!
Waves of enemies before boss can be killed
Careful to keep your ally alive
name of creature in waves hints different vulnerabilities (did not find all of them, punching has to be done anyway)
Quite nice
Reminded me a bit of second travel to plane for those who had once a necroprotag
put a ? after final because a diviner owned party in the end

Loot demands a stop at Cromwell shop
Forge rust dragon armor and cloak, the undoer +5

Overview of party before tree of life:

Shaman 6.89 Mxp, lvl 25, kills 4%, AC -9, weapons: Silent hunt +4/ impaler
KensaÏ lvl 29 kills 34%, AC - 10, weapons: Rynn/lilarcor/poseidon
RB lvl 29 kills 35%, AC - 19, dual wielder, weapons: phosphorous/riskbreaker dream/cuthroat+5/FoA +4/water's edge +4/Hesperus +5
Sibel lvl 9/31 kills 18%, AC - 15 , - 22 with supreme Shelter, dual or sword and shield wielder, weapons: crom faer/king of clubs
Imoen lvl 24 kills 3%, AC - 10 , weapon: undoer +5
Neera lvl 24 kills 2%, AC 0 , weapons: sling of everard/staff +3

update 3

Tree of life, horrible time with hardwood golems, funny that one more (and a black dragon less) I switched from no to 9 reloads (until I shamely decided to drink barbarian essence potion for RB and Kensai)

Hell no problem, imho room for improvement there, sarevok should have helpers (I would propose 2-3 greater werewolves, a grave lich and 4-5 skeleton grandlords), why not land a couple of dragons (a black and a dracolich?) after good path is chosen with yellow dragon, irenicus should have a greater elemental (the naughty one summoning amber golems), two more demons ad 3 more death Knights with him

illasera
pocktplane
saradush
Neera ToB quest
Recover 2 hearts
Apart Illasera fight were I did prebuff a lot, very simple and straightforward way to prepare and deal with fights, IH on Shaman/RB/Sibel/Kensaï, hardiness on RB/Kensaï then pound, shaman heals/regens with mend, Sibel triggers GR if emergency, very little offensive spells needed, apart the pleasure to kill some EFG by Neera or Imoen Under alacrity (CO/AA/VT/CL)
Use summons very scarcely compared to my other runs, Archdeva, smilodon and Djinni mostly because they last a bit (even more Under shaman regen)

Back to WK
some golems, no milking just 4 minor spawns
Supreme Leader, a bit easier than I remembered (because shaman protag?) less golems gated and helpers went down fast.
Here some buffs, protection from Lightning, free action from cat figurine, potions of invulnerability on RB and Kensaï, layers on mages, foreknowledge everywhere
2 comets and a risk decrement opened the way, Mlar and Hracknir dead soon after, Imoen and Neera took care of anti-inquisitors (with help from RB/Kensaï), Sibel kept supreme occupied till pfmw no more then adios. Shaman mendig, a couple of creeping doom, prot from fire on party (forgot this buff) then pound in the end
Demilich and saladrex executed. Hopefully with foreknowledge Shaman casts fast (DW), just Neera imprisonned (one scroll less)

Sad that I won't get JD trials… (thought I had loaded the option with IA tweaks but no)

Forge two weapons among the bests imho: foebane +5 and staff of the ram +6, 2 rings +2, 2 rings +3 and a ring +4

Do golems and 14 out of 16 globes in a row (apart last red and last purple ones that is)
Great fun for vampires (purple 3), letting RB wielding hesperus in automatic mode is enough (just a potion of invulnerability and IH)
finish 4th red globe
Grave liches I wonder how to deal with, shaman can protect himself from silence, but damaging liches.....all others can harm liches a lot, but silence + dispel + stellar gravestone(s) means death
forge hammer of thor to pretend I am making progress
Grave liches
SPOILER!
True seeing for Sibel
Sibel and Neera near portals (middle room)
Imoen north on globe chamber (the one where liches gate)
Shaman unsilenceable at door
first round
RB/Kensaï (no buffs apart IH) archdeva, smilodon and djinni wait for liches and pound
Imoen alacrity (she casts fast), RRoR on each liches and retreat (got hit by LI)
RB risk decrement so that a lich is expelled in portal zone
RB and Kensaï run for lich
Neera casts timestop twice
After timestop Lich1 is obliterated, immobilized by implosion from shaman and hacked to pieces when pfmw no more

RB resumes trick to expel a lich in portal zone while summon resist against other liches
Same feature for Lich 2
Meanwhile Neera and Imoen summon yuan-tis and salamanders to keep other liches occupied near globes

3 rd lich comes by itself, has no more fireshield
Timestops, Implosion and hack

Those 3 liches gave full scroll loot btw

Last lich is attacked by RB and Kensaï, RB uses his last 2 risk decrements to wait for pfmw to expire, no full loot this time
Happy no one was silenced
Surviving gravestones and DB for RB and Kensaï was not that difficult with Sibel ready and out of silence reach

Have quite some spells and HLAs left, so open room wher more liches and grandlords await

Forge noble staff of fire (for imoen, to have a tenser on top of undoer)

Horde (802 arrows collected) and imps, ancient dragon and demogorgon remain for later

update 4

Give heart to nyalee triggering an argument with this lady
Fight with Yaga-Sura Always nice
Now my personnal second most difficult fight (first is demogorgon), oasys. Difficult here has to be understand as a fight I am not sure at all to win whatever cautions I take and moves I make.
4 or 5 tries ended in disaster (chunk) including one where I was happy to succeed 5 raise dead/resurrection before Sibel got chunked
Solution was to keep on the west side of map (where I entered)
Summoning arch deva farther east meant vengeance storm cast by enemies avoided mages and shaman
lot of mending ("green" regen and heal)
lot of AA/DB/FA/RRoR/breach under alacrity
I really like it

Meet Leather golem entering city, happy because it means new content
Some minor quests
forge girdle of cloud giant strength (for imoen)
enter tavern and…
For those who Don't read spoiler let's say Sibel family plot looks like an "little IA" by itself, including boss and final fight
SPOILER!

Ally makes a short speech
First a very bad omen
Debuffed, you face some 5 Liches, 6 greater amber golems and Grandlords spawning later on (just spoil there is a way to stop this spawn after a while)
Good think you have an uber-powerful ally and his leather golem companion
Odds look dramatic because first shot of liches (I suspect grave ones) might obliterate party
Fortunately ally supply buffs (just spoil you never will be able to match this)
Allies are more than good helpers, nonetheless there is a lot to do to finish this first wave, and buffs you benefit at start Don't last that much

Global handling for my party was RB/Shaman (while under spirit form)/Kensaï punching, targeting greater ambers in priority
Sibel was ready to GR, attacking grandlords, taking care to keep aura cleansed
Neera was casting spells Under IA (IH, RoF, comet, MSV, MSVI...)
Imoen casting spells then attacking with Undoer (she is a very good contributor to decrease Golem hp)
Once shaman out of spirit form, mending and raising dead once (Kensaï, not at full health, got hit by critical from 2 greater ambers the same second, some 170 damage, no comment)

After stopping grandlords "fountains", worse happens, the initial speech mentioned a greater dracolich, sheer nightmare is on the way
Some clues (I had so many reloads that I could get some informations):
Helpers are vital, but cannot kill dragon alone
Without Virtus Arcanis alive, dragon is permanently under pfmw, so invulnerable to weapons
Greater Dracolich breath makes Great Wyrm breath look like a rabbit fart, even a 200+hp char hit by breath while no resistance on is chunked
each dracolich jit with claw makes ~70 damage
Dragon has huge physical resistance, so damage per round is pityfull
Some (thanks Virtius for the hint) magic has effect, for a small amount of damage
I felt like fighting a supreme golem, casting pfmw, breathing like great wyrm and abazigail together and casting debilitating spells

Winning run, big spoiler inside spoiler below:

To be protected from fire/elec, RB and Kensaï had to keep being in Virtus LOS (Virtus casts PFE)
Blunt weapons damage very low against greater Dracolich
Kensaï does 3 to 6 damage/hit (with poseidon, a must use weapon here I would say)
RB does 3 to 7 with axe
Leather golem ~2 average/hit
ADHW (mages or Virtus) 4 to 7, had 19 ADHW to land between Neera and Imoen
Dragon I think has more than 400 hp (and/or regen)
Fight is long
First mages under alacrity cast ADHW, summons (having dragon cast death spell or breath while RB/Kensaï protected is good) , renew IH,...
Shaman out of dragon LOS south mends
Sibel, out of LOS west ready to GR or Word of wisdom to remove malison/doom (very important)
Dragon targets RB, so keep RB aura cleansed to RD if needed, while Kensai can renew CS
Never lose attention and watch out for elec/fire resist (had 3 painful reloads because RB or Kensaï chunked by breath seconds before greater dracolich died)

Et voilà! (that's it!)

Reward is just splendid

After that tons af regular or reinforced amber chunks in inventory

Oasys now comes third in my difficult IA fights ranking

Just for the fun, a guess (party is Shaman/RB/Kensaï/Sibel/Neera/Imoen), most powerful vanquished are (alphabetical order)
Ancient Golem/Greater Dracolich/ Greater Elemental Golem/Greater Elemental Golem/Layenne/Spider Queen (2 GEG is not a typo mistake in the list)
Which belongs to who?

Meet lady Elowen, forge many things (reinforced ioun stone, kensai staff, phosphorous +5, ulimate horn)
forge with cespenar corrosive lance, ring +2, death of a thousand cuts, circlet of netheril

Clear abazigail lair

Enter Sendaï's
Tunnels do not provide any more huge amounts of gold and xp (gold I have a plenty, xp I wish I had more)
Protag hits level 30 (9.1 Mxp)
Sendaï fight still one of my IA-favorite (even if I had to use 2 barbarian essences)
I have enough money to forge 5 Dragon lord Halberds, a pity just one is possible

Time to face my nemesis fights; Ancient wyrm and Demogorgon
Estimate 50% to win wyrm (that is 50% to give up because fed up to retry), 20% Demo, to compare with 99% EDE

This post has been edited by nicoper: Today, 02:53 AM
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 18 2024, 02:12 AM
Post #2

Forum Member

Well. Welcome back.

I've read through numerous of your journals! So looking forward to this one as well! smile.gif

This post has been edited by pekkae: Jun 18 2024, 02:59 AM

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jun 18 2024, 02:34 AM
Post #3

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

Welcome back, nicoper!

You have a powerful party. I'm curious about kill rates of your party members. Will be an exciting competition between glass cannons (RB and kensai).

Also curious:

SPOILER!
How many coins did you invest on Howard's gift?

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.

Quote Post
lroumen
post Jun 18 2024, 04:33 AM
Post #4

Forum Member

That is some fast progress, impressive.
I like how you swap in and out npcs as you need them.

One question. I always remembered the founder of trademeet to be in a dead magic zone. Is that changed or how did you get creeping doom to cast?

Quote Post
nicoper
post Jun 18 2024, 04:37 AM
Post #5

little Bounaï
Group Icon

Gold Member

QUOTE(Sikret @ Jun 18 2024, 02:34 AM) *
Welcome back, nicoper!

You have a powerful party. I'm curious about kill rates of your party members. Will be an exciting competition between glass cannons (RB and kensai).

Also curious:

SPOILER!
How many coins did you invest on Howard's gift?

kills 34% RB 36% Kensaï 16% Sibel 5% Shaman
SPOILER!
20 was the max I could invest, second thought but I was not in the mood to reload from start was to spend my coins another way like buying normal hide at the beginning then sell them before buying tools and ingredients, will have to see in another run if more coins can be invested

Quote Post
nicoper
post Jun 18 2024, 04:40 AM
Post #6

little Bounaï
Group Icon

Gold Member

QUOTE(lroumen @ Jun 18 2024, 04:33 AM) *
That is some fast progress, impressive.
I like how you swap in and out npcs as you need them.

One question. I always remembered the founder of trademeet to be in a dead magic zone. Is that changed or how did you get creeping doom to cast?

Hi Iroumen

I started run the day V7 was out in fact wink.gif

Founder is dead arcane zone, not dead divine nor RB innate IH

Quote Post
lroumen
post Jun 18 2024, 11:33 AM
Post #7

Forum Member

ah, I did not realise it would work like that...

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Jun 18 2024, 11:52 AM
Post #8

Forum Member

It's always been like that. Saladrex's area in WK is also a dead arcane zone, but not divine, if I remember correctly.

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jun 18 2024, 12:17 PM
Post #9

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

QUOTE(SparrowJacek @ Jun 18 2024, 04:22 PM) *
It's always been like that. Saladrex's area in WK is also a dead arcane zone, but not divine, if I remember correctly.

Yes, Saladrex's area is dead arcane magic zone, but there are actually some areas in which even divine spells cannot be cast, such as AR3004 in the 3rd level of WK in which dead magic zone covers both arcane and divine spells.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.

Quote Post
lroumen
post Jun 18 2024, 12:49 PM
Post #10

Forum Member

I am used to wk3 and I assumed all magic was therefore limited in these zones. You learn something every day smile.gif

Quote Post
bulian
post Jun 19 2024, 07:33 AM
Post #11

Forum Member

Good to see some other old timers are still around. Regarding Sibel, are you playing her dual wield or sword and board?

Quote Post
nicoper
post Jun 20 2024, 05:38 AM
Post #12

little Bounaï
Group Icon

Gold Member

QUOTE(bulian @ Jun 19 2024, 07:33 AM) *
Good to see some other old timers are still around. Regarding Sibel, are you playing her dual wield or sword and board?

Thanks

Dual wielding club/Crom or with shield for insane AC
To me she cannot use sword (dual swash/cleric)

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jun 20 2024, 10:34 AM
Post #13

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

QUOTE(nicoper @ Jun 18 2024, 09:07 AM) *

This is impressive. I wrote elsewhere that glass cannons would surpass Sibel's kill rate, but wasn't expecting such a big gap.

In my own last run RB had 31% kill rate vs. Sibel's 25%. I didn't have a kensai.

What weapons do RB and kensai use? Is kensai a Two-hander?

I am curious if RB will eventually surpass kensai.

Who are your other party members? Imoen (sorceress) and Neera (wild mage)? How do you like the changes to wild surge table?

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Quote Post
nicoper
post Jun 20 2024, 02:00 PM
Post #14

little Bounaï
Group Icon

Gold Member

QUOTE(Sikret @ Jun 20 2024, 10:34 AM) *
QUOTE(nicoper @ Jun 18 2024, 09:07 AM) *

This is impressive. I wrote elsewhere that glass cannons would surpass Sibel's kill rate, but wasn't expecting such a big gap.

In my own last run RB had 31% kill rate vs. Sibel's 25%. I didn't have a kensai.

What weapons do RB and kensai use? Is kensai a Two-hander?

I am curious if RB will eventually surpass kensai.

Who are your other party members? Imoen (sorceress) and Neera (wild mage)? How do you like the changes to wild surge table?

RB, dual wielder, weapons: Phosphorous/FoA+3/water dege+4
KensaÏ: 2H wielder Rynn/poseidon/Lilarcor

Imoen and Neera both as sorceresses, did not take wild Mage Neera

Shaman could IMO have a better Kill Rate if I was not using him as support most of the time

Side note: It is a run where I do not use for the moment that many uber-summons, Archdeva and smilodon are the only ones (this thinking of runs with clan hunters or Swanmays)

This post has been edited by nicoper: Jun 20 2024, 02:00 PM

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jun 20 2024, 02:45 PM
Post #15

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

SPOILER!
Begin to add proficiency points on axe for your RB

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Quote Post
nicoper
post Jun 20 2024, 09:46 PM
Post #16

little Bounaï
Group Icon

Gold Member

QUOTE(Sikret @ Jun 20 2024, 02:45 PM) *
SPOILER!
Begin to add proficiency points on axe for your RB

It is on the roadmap, have ++++ right now in axe (at level 24), wait to to be able to forge RB axe later on

Updated journal btw, put an update 1 tag

This post has been edited by nicoper: Jun 20 2024, 09:52 PM

Quote Post
critto
post Jun 20 2024, 10:16 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Premium Member
Tactical reputation: 2

SPOILER!
Master Verthan gives a hint in the very first encounter (ambush in the druid grove). Lycanthropes are very susceptible to fire and acid. With enough damage, they get burned which lower their AC and regen significantly. Keep in mind that stronger werewolves have MR also. AoE damage magic is good stuff for those later encounters. Lycanthropes and wolves also have some debilitating effects on hit, but if you know what they are, it's quite easy to stay protected from them, they never dispel stuff.

Quote Post
nicoper
post Jun 20 2024, 11:09 PM
Post #18

little Bounaï
Group Icon

Gold Member

QUOTE(critto @ Jun 20 2024, 10:16 PM) *

SPOILER!
Master Verthan gives a hint in the very first encounter (ambush in the druid grove). Lycanthropes are very susceptible to fire and acid. With enough damage, they get burned which lower their AC and regen significantly. Keep in mind that stronger werewolves have MR also. AoE damage magic is good stuff for those later encounters. Lycanthropes and wolves also have some debilitating effects on hit, but if you know what they are, it's quite easy to stay protected from them, they never dispel stuff.

Thanks mate! thumb.gif

Quote Post
critto
post Jun 20 2024, 11:23 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Premium Member
Tactical reputation: 2

No problem! But you're in for another surprise with the last fight :-)

Quote Post
kilorew
post Jun 22 2024, 12:10 AM
Post #20

Forum Member

SPOILER!
What v7 new fight were you referring to after you did Bodhi? Just beat her (didn't find Howard's gloves though I did pick dungeon ..) and didn't immediately come across a new v7 fight?

Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: nicoper

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2024 - 12:07 PM