79 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Random Questions, post them here!
Gorwath
post Feb 3 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #101

Forum Member

QUOTE(Vardaman @ Feb 2 2008, 11:43 PM) *
Looking at the map I made, there should be another door that requires the key to go through it. The wardstone should be in there.

Thanks guys for your help. I guess I have drawn a wrong map so I did not explore everything in the maze
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Vardaman
post Feb 3 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #102

Forum Member

Thanks for the PM Raven and I'll try to be better about hiding or prefacing any quest specific questions.

Quote Post
Gorwath
post Feb 8 2008, 11:47 PM
Post #103

Forum Member

Are any of the new Monsters killed by greater deathblow?
Or is this feat useless. I'm asking becasue i have to choose my HLA soon and I don't want to spend point in stuff that I don't need

Gorwath

Quote Post
Sikret
post Feb 9 2008, 08:51 AM
Post #104

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

QUOTE(Gorwath @ Feb 9 2008, 04:17 AM) *
Are any of the new Monsters killed by greater deathblow?

Some of them will be killed, some others won't. That particular HLA is not one of my favorites and I have not thought about it much either. It's not useless of course, but you have better HLAs to pick.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.

Quote Post
Nexiam
post Feb 9 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #105

Forum Member

any ideas where to find some remove magic scrolls? im close to brynlaw and dont wanna go witout them

Quote Post
Vardaman
post Feb 10 2008, 12:33 AM
Post #106

Forum Member

QUOTE(Nexiam @ Feb 9 2008, 01:31 PM) *
any ideas where to find some remove magic scrolls? im close to brynlaw and dont wanna go witout them

The first time I was able to find one was on SPOILER!
Gais's body He's the fighter/mage from the Temple sewer toll party
. They are hard to find and I didn't see one in any shop.

Quote Post
Sikret
post Feb 10 2008, 07:26 AM
Post #107

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

QUOTE(Nexiam @ Feb 10 2008, 12:01 AM) *

SPOILER!

You will find one inside spellhold. Moreover, Imoen knows the spell if you let her join the party.

This post has been edited by Sikret: Feb 10 2008, 10:57 PM

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.

Quote Post
Zarathustra
post Feb 14 2008, 01:32 AM
Post #108

Forum Member

Regarding the Shadow Dragon:

During my first attempt at IA (v.5), I encountered what apparently was a vanilla bug which made the dragon's PfMW unbreachable. It occurred once or twice, was annoying, but a reload generally fixed it. Now, I am playing again, with a new party and more experience, and find he's unbeatable because his PfMW is almost never breachable. I reloaded five times in a row, and in each case, Breach got the "Spell: Ineffective" message.
I believe the fight would not be a big deal compared to even, say, Conster and his buddies if Breach worked as it rightly should; the way it is, I simply cannot outlast five or so PfMW with an (Improved Hasted) dragon bearing down on me.

So my question is: Is this some sort of unfixable vanilla game bug? And if yes, is there at least a workaround (other than cheating, which would be justified but boring and apparently risky)? I only have explicitly compatible mods, by the way.

Quote Post
Vardaman
post Feb 14 2008, 04:05 AM
Post #109

Forum Member

QUOTE(Zarathustra @ Feb 13 2008, 07:32 PM) *
Regarding the Shadow Dragon:

During my first attempt at IA (v.5), I encountered what apparently was a vanilla bug which made the dragon's PfMW unbreachable. It occurred once or twice, was annoying, but a reload generally fixed it. Now, I am playing again, with a new party and more experience, and find he's unbeatable because his PfMW is almost never breachable. I reloaded five times in a row, and in each case, Breach got the "Spell: Ineffective" message.
I believe the fight would not be a big deal compared to even, say, Conster and his buddies if Breach worked as it rightly should; the way it is, I simply cannot outlast five or so PfMW with an (Improved Hasted) dragon bearing down on me.

So my question is: Is this some sort of unfixable vanilla game bug? And if yes, is there at least a workaround (other than cheating, which would be justified but boring and apparently risky)? I only have explicitly compatible mods, by the way.

I'll ask the obvious question about if you removed his spell protections before trying to Breach him. I reloaded an old save on Core difficulty and he started the fight with Spell Turning and Spell Shield. Did you use Ruby Ray of Reversal to get rid of them before Breaching? He also has a spell trigger that fires Protection from Magical Weapons and Spell Turning so you'd have to get rid of that Spell Turning as well.

You are right that some enemies (liches) are immune to level 5 spells (Breach). That can be frustrating that the only way to deal with PFMW then is either waiting them out or being high enough level to Dispel/Remove Magic them. I don't think the the Shadow Dragon is immune to level 5 spells so I'm not sure what's going on in your case.

Quote Post
Sikret
post Feb 14 2008, 07:53 AM
Post #110

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

@Zarathustra

Yes, it's the famous unfixable bug of the spell Sheild spell which reappears randomly every now and then. See the mod's readme (fixes' document) about spell shield again.

However, if you installed my recently uploaded fix for "Dragons' spell shield", the bug won't appear by any chance if you cast a "SpellStrike" spell on him first. The fix makes the dragon's version of the spell identical with the mage version (which was already fixed by me in v5). SpellStrike is a 9th level spell, but I guess you have already found a couple of scrolls.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Quote Post
Zarathustra
post Feb 14 2008, 09:36 AM
Post #111

Forum Member

Thanks, Sikret! I'll install the fix and use a Spellstrike scroll if necessary.

Quote Post
Shadan
post Feb 14 2008, 02:09 PM
Post #112

Group Icon

Gold Member
Tactical reputation: 3

Which is the best choice for a Warblade additional ability, which should be used by a low HP fighter (swashbuckler > fighter dual) who also use halberds and staves?

1- Magic Resistance: +20%
I am not too big fun of low MR. Usually I like to do 1 party member with 50+ MR, so that is more reliable. Simple fighter won't reach this.

2- AC Bonus: +3
This is not bad, but he has -16 AC now, and his AC will be imporved with some better prot. rings, cloak, Girdle of Lordly Might. I think he will reach max. -24 easily later.

3- 10% resistance to damage taken from all weapon types
This is very tempting.

4- Bonuses to attributes (+2 bonus to strength and dexterity)
This is tempting too. +2 Dex. means 20 Dex. +2 Strength means 20 Strength, and I am intended to use Girdle of Lordly Might on, which could mean Str 23.

5- Miscellaneous immunties: Immunity to backstab, Fear and poison
I am not sure how handy is this. Fear is not too useful, since I have 3 arcane and 1 divine caster with Remove Fear. Also my blade can do it from HLA. Backstab is useless, since enemies will chose another target for their BS. Poison is not bad, but not enough to chose this.

6- Regeneration: 3 hp per round
Worst ability from this 6, I think.

So Str or weapon res > AC or MR imho.
Anyway I will use this mostly when I need Immunity to Confusion or Charm, or when I need slashing weapon. I am sure, my fighter will use his halberds mostly cause of their given immunities and higher damage.

Quote Post
lroumen
post Feb 14 2008, 02:35 PM
Post #113

Forum Member

I would pick resistance for certain... unfortunately I have no fighters in my current party that use two-handed weapons tongue.gif.

Quote Post
Raven
post Feb 14 2008, 02:56 PM
Post #114

Group Icon

Senior Mod Tester
Tactical reputation: 4

I would pick the Str and Dex modifiers. Btw what level did you dual at? I'd guess 10...

Quote Post
lroumen
post Feb 14 2008, 04:28 PM
Post #115

Forum Member

Afaik 20 dex doesn't get you anything more than 18 dex. You only gain a bit when you reach 21, and then it's only 1 AC and some bonus for ranged. Also, if you're going for the girdle of lordly might then the +2 strength bonus will not matter that much either, but of course without the belt it will.

I find it much more useful to keep my characters from taking damage or at least reducing it as much as possible.

Quote Post
Shadan
post Feb 15 2008, 11:48 PM
Post #116

Group Icon

Gold Member

Yes, I dualed at lvl 10. Thanks for the tips, probably the resitance will be chosen, but no money yet for this upgrade.

2 strange things:

1. I cannot chose impr. bard song as HLA for bard. Does any prereq for that?

2. Shade Lich still hard enemies, since they can't be breached and lvl 25 Remove magic is not enough for them. I killed 2 of them so far, both of them on very strange mode. Usually 1 of my fighters and 1/2 summoned monster are hitting him, while I am waiting till he is out of more PfMW. But Swanmays killed them both time within a sec with their Wing Swing. 1 secs, and almost my full combat text window is full with swanmay's Wing Sing on lich. Like this:
Swanmay Wing Swing Shade Lich
Swanmay did 1 damage to Shade Lich
Swanmay did 3 damage to Shade Lich
Swanmay did 2 damage to Shade Lich
Shade Lich cursed
Shade Lich Fire Shield Red: Swanmay
Shade lich did 1 damage to Swanmay

This is repeated like more than 10 times, and lich died within a sec.
Suppose this is a bug.

Quote Post
Raven
post Feb 16 2008, 11:12 AM
Post #117

Group Icon

Senior Mod Tester
Tactical reputation: 4

QUOTE(shadan @ Feb 15 2008, 11:48 PM) *
2 strange things:

1. I cannot chose impr. bard song as HLA for bard. Does any prereq for that?

I don't know anything about that, I'm afraid.

2. Shade Lich still hard enemies, since they can't be breached and lvl 25 Remove magic is not enough for them. I killed 2 of them so far, both of them on very strange mode. Usually 1 of my fighters and 1/2 summoned monster are hitting him, while I am waiting till he is out of more PfMW. But Swanmays killed them both time within a sec with their Wing Swing. 1 secs, and almost my full combat text window is full with swanmay's Wing Sing on lich. Like this:

Yes we're aware of this happening. It's feedback between the Fireshield and the Wing Swing, which sometimes gets out of control and constantly deals damage back and forth until one creature is killed (which thanks to the Swanmany's fire resistance will be the lich). However, I had tested it some time ago and found it did not occur very often in my tests (the Wing Swing would usually deal damage only once). Have you seen this often? Did it happen first time in both battles with Shade Liches?

This post has been edited by Raven: Feb 16 2008, 11:13 AM
Reason for edit: typos

Quote Post
Shadan
post Feb 16 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #118

Group Icon

Gold Member

It happened 2 times only, but I ddin't have to many fights with Shade Liches. Anyway, now I know it is a bug and I will try to avoid swanmays when Fire Shielded enemy is there.

Quote Post
Zarathustra
post Feb 16 2008, 04:57 PM
Post #119

Forum Member

I'm am having most severe trouble with the 1st Drow ambush (I doubt the second one will be easier). My party is:

Vagrant
Minsc (Barbarian)
Anomen
Jaheira (Cleric/Ranger)
Haer'Dalis
Imoen

All have slightly above 2 million XP and decent (+3) equipment, though I did not forge any IA items before Spellhold.

I have already lured out and killed all the spiders without trouble; but despite trying about six times I have never managed to take out more than two Drow before the lights go out. The usual buffs (Free Action, Chaotic Commands, Improved Haste etc.) are in place, and a Death Spell takes care of the summons (except the Fallen Devas), but to no avail. The fact that I am constantly in danger of running into a stray Earth or Air Elemental (from the portals) doesn't help either. Can I divide the group somehow?

I will appreciate any suggestion whatsoever; the difficulty of this battle exceeds even the Mithral and Amber Golem fights in Spellhold, which took me long enough.

This post has been edited by Zarathustra: Feb 16 2008, 04:58 PM

Quote Post
Vardaman
post Feb 16 2008, 08:12 PM
Post #120

Forum Member

I'm stuck in the Good, the Bad and the Ugly quest.

SPOILER!
I've given an item to the Diviner and spoke with Auriel outside the Five Flagons but I go to the sewers and can't find any trace of Mabarl. Where am I supposed to go next?

Quote Post

79 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th October 2024 - 11:15 PM