2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Journal 7.0, diary of Aria Joyce, an auramaster, Will take time
pekkae
post Jun 19 2024, 01:49 PM
Post #21

Forum Member

QUOTE(Sikret @ Jun 19 2024, 12:07 PM) *
It is fine not to optimize coins in your first run. If everyone was supposed to reload and reload until they get the optimized result, all games would become similar to each other.

Ingredient A is just there to annoy you and prevent you from optimizing your coins. Don't buy it next time.

Yup, got the fruit & drop from the ambush.

Hmh. We are here to optimize though. That's just how my head works. For me, optimizing increases replayability, as I figure out additional details about how to approach everything.

This gives us ideas though. I need evaluate about my overall approach.
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Sikret
post Jun 19 2024, 02:16 PM
Post #22

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

I meant it is fine for the "first run" if you do not grasp the economical solution of how to optimize the coin gain. You will optimize it in your second run and after.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.

Quote Post
critto
post Jun 19 2024, 05:43 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Premium Member
Tactical reputation: 2

is that doable?

The harder spellhold? Probably, the golem fights might be more challenging, but depending on party composition it should be doable. Having a F/I would definitely help. In my own recent testing game, I started with F/I and Neera as a sorceress, but later I changed Neera to Wild Mage and dropped F/I in favor of Imoen in Spellhold. I was really missing F/I tanking capacity for the golem fights in Spellhold.

Doing lots of content in ch3 is definitely an option, but I have never been a fun of it because it throws off the balance for a lot of content in CH4-5 and does not leave much to do in CH6.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 19 2024, 06:35 PM
Post #24

Forum Member

QUOTE(critto @ Jun 19 2024, 05:43 PM) *
is that doable?

The harder spellhold? Probably, the golem fights might be more challenging, but depending on party composition it should be doable. Having a F/I would definitely help. In my own recent testing game, I started with F/I and Neera as a sorceress, but later I changed Neera to Wild Mage and dropped F/I in favor of Imoen in Spellhold. I was really missing F/I tanking capacity for the golem fights in Spellhold.

Doing lots of content in ch3 is definitely an option, but I have never been a fun of it because it throws off the balance for a lot of content in CH4-5 and does not leave much to do in CH6.

Then again, it probably messes up the following druid stronghold encounters as well? (messes up as in they are not balanced anymore?)

And if so, then this run would not serve it's purpose anymore - as in the sole purpose of the run is to try the new stuff as it is meant to be played and give a little bit of feedback smile.gif.

I think the next encounter is in spellhold. However, do we return to Brynnlaw post spellhold? I'm asking because I'll micro-optimize quest order a little bit in order to make sure we fit within the xp cap (as in do all that is not necessary pre spellhold post spellhold, dwarf, minor things, trolls, shadows etc.)

This post has been edited by pekkae: Jun 19 2024, 06:50 PM

Quote Post
lroumen
post Jun 19 2024, 06:45 PM
Post #25

Forum Member

To be honest, because of the randomized drops and not knowing when I could forge certain critical items (in my opinion), I always finished everything in chapter 2/3 before going to Spellhold.

Ideally the storyline is to skip certain content because saving Imoen seems like an emergency, but after you have done that, saving your soul seems much more of an emergency. I would technically rather rush the later chapters to a close.

This post has been edited by lroumen: Jun 19 2024, 06:46 PM

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jun 19 2024, 07:02 PM
Post #26

Forum Member

QUOTE(lroumen @ Jun 19 2024, 06:45 PM) *
To be honest, because of the randomized drops and not knowing when I could forge certain critical items (in my opinion), I always finished everything in chapter 2/3 before going to Spellhold.

Ideally the storyline is to skip certain content because saving Imoen seems like an emergency, but after you have done that, saving your soul seems much more of an emergency. I would technically rather rush the later chapters to a close.

Well, makes sense to me.

I think I'll try this in a future run at some point!

Quote Post
critto
post Jun 19 2024, 10:54 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Premium Member
Tactical reputation: 2

Then again, it probably messes up the following druid stronghold encounters as well? (messes up as in they are not balanced anymore?)
Yes, the encounters would definitely be easier for you.

I think the next encounter is in spellhold. However, do we return to Brynnlaw post spellhold?

Yes, this part hasn't been changed. There are certain novelties, but they are post-Spellhold.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Jul 3 2024, 10:45 PM
Post #28

Forum Member

Hey,

After the underdark exit ...

'Is there a timer on the reginald the ghost - part?

or the next buried ambitions - part?

I'm looking to go to WK next, but I'm asking just in case.

(testing says no, but I thought I'd make sure... )

This post has been edited by pekkae: Yesterday, 02:06 AM

Quote Post
bulian
post Yesterday, 05:04 PM
Post #29

Forum Member

SPOILER!
Reginald ghost quest does not have a timer. I believe Buried Ambitions does have a 7 day limit but that was implemented after my testing.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Yesterday, 06:44 PM
Post #30

Forum Member

Alright! Cheers!

So it's designed to be done at least quite fast after breaking through underdark - I assume.

Will head there then.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Today, 09:23 PM
Post #31

Forum Member

Finished the druid fight, the ferrou Gan - one.

SPOILER!

anything I need to do - I got the scroll from Firkaraag's but nothing triggered. Also. the druid @ grove just says I have a few days a best etc.

Quote Post
SparrowJacek
post Today, 09:31 PM
Post #32

Forum Member

pekkae
SPOILER!
If I understand your current situation, you should come back to Felaern at Helter Steps with the scroll and talk to him.

Quote Post
pekkae
post Today, 09:57 PM
Post #33

Forum Member

Right, thanks SparrowJacek!

But I don't need to go there straight away, I can finish funfinished stuff first?

Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
2 Members: HTRT, bulian

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th July 2024 - 10:58 PM