The Black Wyrm Lair Forums
The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> IA 7.0 Testing
namelessone47
post Jul 4 2024, 06:33 AM
Post #1

Forum Member

01. Sibel Dual-class BUG: when Sibel (eg. S18->C) has deployed weapon proficiency points to all possible weapon profs & styles and there is still at least 1 point left, she will lose the opportunity choosing new HLA in the LEVEL UP MENU (You can only click the "Done" button).

Now I want to say something about the Swash Class.

Swashbuckler High level Dual-class may be very unrealistic in Insane/LoB difficulty: (e.g. S18C, S18F, S20C, S20F, etc); On the other hand, single-class Swash is not as powerful as most fighters, in my opinion (No UAI).
for S20->, you don't want to give up the 10% hit effect, right? But the drawback is huge: you won't get any Swash HLA, and you need more than 6M exp (in total) to make your Swash class active again.
for S14->, a bit better, but you still need more than 3M exp. It's playable, but it may be a bit/very painful.
So at high level difficulties, if you want to have a try the Swash dual-class, most often you will choose S9->. But the sad fact is that, this is not very competitive: you only get several thief points, +3 AC and +2 to Hit, +2 DMG, that's all.
You may argue something like: Improvised Blend +5 is very powerful, etc... But there are also many powerful items for other classes, many are more powerful. Plus, you won't get Improvised Blend +5 until the very end.

In conclusion, my advice is: if you want to play dual-class Swash, try it at an easier difficulty level.

02. Typo: Defender of Easthaven +3. BTW, one main ingredient of Phosphorus +5 (from Sibel MOD) is Defender of Easthaven +3, but after forging Phosphorus +5, the outstanding DR ability is gone, which is very disappointing!

03. Flail of Ages +3 now loses its "Critical item" flag.

04. Contingency and Chain Contingency have the wrong description: "casting time 0"; In reality it is 9.

05. in my opinion, Dragon Lord +5 and Poseidon's Wrath +5's damage type (and description) should be adjusted to "piercing or slashing" in order to be consistent with the EE Halberd damage type.

06. Death of a thousand cuts +4's description: "Not Usable By: Warriors (not multi-class)" should be "Usable By..."

07. Seems like the "War Paint" ability from "Stained in Blood +6" has the wrong effect: rather than dealing thorn dmg to enemies, it only reduces the damage from each specific enemy by 15% for 12s from the last hit by that enemy(i.e. the very first damage won't be reduced) , whom has never been hurt during the process. (it uses effect 332: Attack damage type bonus with value -15)

08. Hindo's Doom +4: instead of "Touch" as GR's range, it should be "Caster's Party" in order to be consistent with GR's description.

09. Invisibility, 10' Radius: Real lasting time should be 24 hours instead of 5 turns.

10. Staff of the Magi actually does not: "Permanently disable Stealth and Thieving skills buttons"(minor issue since UAI is gone). BTW, we are more encouraged to play mage protagonists as "good" ones after robe of eloquence's gone. Evil mages, as well as poor old school archmage Edwin, seem to be forgotten.

This post has been edited by namelessone47: Jul 17 2024, 11:45 PM
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th October 2024 - 04:26 PM