The Black Wyrm Lair Forums
The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> All-purpose Sorcerer spell list, For an overall smooth gameplay experience in IA
HTRT
post Feb 3 2024, 11:24 PM
Post #1

Forum Member
Tactical reputation: 1

Here is what I consider a good spell pick order for a generic IA sorcerer in a context where :

- You are not willing to abuse certain specific effects;
- The sorcerer will be handling pretty much everything by themselves (only arcane caster of the group).

If these conditions are false, then it becomes obvious some spells need to change.

The order of the spells is specified implicitly and the spells should land in the repertoire at the right time in terms of level ups and the stage of the game you find yourself in.

It is as follows :

1 : Magic Missile, Identify, Shield, Armor and Chromatic Orb;

2 : Melf’s Acid Arrow, Knock, Mirror Image, Blur, and Resist Fear

3 : Haste, Flame Arrow, Protection from Fire, Remove Magic and Lightning Bolt;

4 : Emotion, Stoneskin, Greater Malison, Spirit Armor and Improved Invisibility;

5 : Animate Dead, Breach, Spell Immunity, Lower Resistance and Cone of Cold;

6 : Improved Haste, Protection from Magic Energy, Protection from Magical Weapons, Giant Strength and Chain Lightning;

7 : Summon Monster V, Ruby Ray of Reversal, Limited Wish, Spell Turning and Protection from the Elements;

8 : Summon Monster VI, Abi-Dalzim’s Horrid Wilting, Foreknowledge, Protection from Energy and Pierce Shield;

9 : Wish, Recast Vital Energy, Chain Contingency, Time Stop and Summon Monster VII.

High level abilities : Summon Planetar, Improved Alacrity, Dragon’s Breath, Extra 6th Spell Slot, Energy Blades, Extra 7th Spell Slot, Extra 8th Spell Slot, Comet

I hope this proves to be helpful to some people smile.gif Have a nice day !

This post has been edited by HTRT: Feb 4 2024, 04:33 PM
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
critto
post Feb 4 2024, 11:44 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Premium Member
Tactical reputation: 2

6 : Improved Haste, Protection from Magic Energy, Protection from Magical Weapons, Giant Strength and Chain Lightning;

I haven't played for a long time, but I imagine picking Giant Strength early would be more beneficial, before the party has many other (and better) ways to improve strength, no?
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th June 2024 - 09:52 PM